Author Topic: Joe Biden: LaGuardia Airport Like a Third World Country  (Read 599 times)

Offline mountaineer

Joe Biden: LaGuardia Airport Like a Third World Country
« on: February 07, 2014, 01:15:27 pm »
PHILADELPHIA — Vice President Joe Biden says LaGuardia Airport could use some major improvements — and that’s putting it mildly.

Biden says if he blindfolded someone and took him to LaGuardia he’d think he was in “some Third World country.”

Biden made the comment as part of a comparison with the Hong Kong airport. He says Hong Kong has the type of modern facility travelers would expect to see in the United States.

His remarks came during an event Thursday in Philadelphia in which he stressed the need for infrastructure improvement.

Biden focused on Amtrak, which just unveiled a new electric locomotive. But he says the nation’s ports and airports also need upgrading.

The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey operates LaGuardia. It says it’s investing $3.6 billion to help “provide passengers with a world-class terminal.”
NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PzLdr

Re: Joe Biden: LaGuardia Airport Like a Third World Country
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 01:42:28 pm »
Joe Six Plugs ought to feel right at home then, since he and TOTUS seem bent on turning the U.S. into a third world country.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 02:17:54 pm »
Joe Six Plugs ought to feel right at home then, since he and TOTUS seem bent on turning the U.S. into a third world country.

The board is just ahead of its time.  De Blasio has to hurry to catch up with and turn NYC into a third world city.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 03:46:08 pm »
Besides, it's JFK Airport that more closely resembles a third world country. Joe is so stupid!

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 03:53:58 pm »
“some Third World country.”

In case you hadn't noticed plugs, we are getting there quickly

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 03:34:17 am »
Laugh at poor Joe as much as you want.

He's probably the only person in the entire administration who calls 'em as he sees 'em, and actually blurts out the truth now and then !!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 01:33:57 pm »
Laugh at poor Joe as much as you want.

He's probably the only person in the entire administration who calls 'em as he sees 'em, and actually blurts out the truth now and then !!
Yes, there is a certain lack of "filters" with Ol' Plugs.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 05:06:04 am »
I'd more call La Garbagia a portal to hell, myself. Hate the damned place.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 05:26:28 am »
JFK is no better.  Many, many Moons ago I did a summer abroad thingy for undergrad.  On the way home I ended up staying in the Geneva airport for a while - very slick, clean place.  When I landed at JFK my first thought was:  "uh-oh, did I get on the wrong plane and end up in some third world country like Nigeria?" (I lived in Nigeria for a few years as a kid, so I know whereof I speak).

The same goes for most of New York City, btw.

Six-plugs is merely proving once again that even a stopped clock gets the time correct every so often.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 01:24:29 pm »
Michael Goodwin writes in the NY Post:
Blasio slaps Biden’s yap

Props to Mayor de Blasio — he’s the first Democrat to tell Joe Biden to stuff it. The vice president routinely gets away with saying stupid things, but his comment that La Guardia Airport belongs in “a Third World country” was “inappropriate,” de Blasio said.

Conceding the airport “needs an upgrade,” the mayor said, “As a proud New Yorker, I didn’t like that comment, and I think it was not the right way to talk about it.”

Bravo.