Author Topic: Locator Beacons For Us Air Force Ejection Seats Failing At 'Unacceptable' Rate  (Read 328 times)

SPQR

Offline LambChop

With all those failed beacons I think a better question is what is wrong with our aircraft or pilots?

Why are there so many downed planes? 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
With all those failed beacons I think a better question is what is wrong with our aircraft or pilots?

Planes crash. They have about a million moving parts that need to work together flawlessly, and every part is from the lowest bidder. (Not my line - Neil Armstrong's)

Pilots tend to be risk takers - fighter jocks especially. That can lead to instances of poor judgement.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork

Why are there so many crashes at a NASCAR race?  It's not because the drivers are incompetent, it's because the circumstances require people and machines to operate close to the edge, and when you're that close on a regular basis, you tend to fall off more often.

SPQR

Planes crash. They have about a million moving parts that need to work together flawlessly, and every part is from the lowest bidder. (Not my line - Neil Armstrong's)

I agree. You cannot blame everything on pilot error.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 10:26:12 PM by SPQR »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf