Author Topic:  (Read 649 times)

SPQR

« on: February 08, 2014, 06:39:42 PM »

Offline evadR²

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 06:41:32 PM »
AlQaeda terrorists??
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

SPQR

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 06:43:46 PM »
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 06:48:05 PM by SPQR »

SPQR

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 07:20:44 PM »
Al Qaeda and Hezbollah are both in Syria..Assad regime backed up by Shia allies Hezbollah and Iran, as well as Russia and China. The Sunni rebels are supported by the Islamist rulers of Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey, as well as the U.S., France, Britain and others.

It seems that Al Queda is intermixed with the rebels.Funding for the al-Qaeda incursion into Syria is reportedly coming from Saudi Arabia and other Persian Gulf states in the Gulf Cooperation Council.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 07:21:32 PM by SPQR »

Offline evadR²

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 09:32:57 PM »
Yes...there are no good guys.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 09:35:22 PM »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline evadR²

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 09:43:27 PM »
There are plenty of good guys.

Unfortunately, they tend to be the ones in the middle, getting shot or bombed or beheaded by both sides.
There are no good guys amongst the fighters as far as I can tell.

There are always innocents that are always caught in the middle.

I say if a Syrian rebel kills a Syrian soldier or vice versa, it's a win win.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 09:51:12 PM »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 10:10:41 PM »
And this is what Obastard and McCain thought they could get the US so easily involved in?  I hate to say it but Putin saved the US from a world of hurt by playing rope-a-dope with Obama.

SPQR

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 10:28:01 PM »
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 10:45:18 PM by SPQR »

SPQR

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 10:41:04 PM »
I rather have a Syrian soldier kill a rebel. Do you want a dictatorship or a Islamic dictatorship? Syria has a large Christian population. Assad and his government protects Christians,Druzes,Alawites,and Kurds. We all know what will happen if a Islamic government comes into power. They start persecuting minority populations. A good example is when the Muslim Brotherhood came into power in Egypt. They began looting and burning down Coptic Christian churches.

There are also Christian religious and Crusader sites that date back 2000 years.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 10:49:07 PM »
I rather have a Syrian soldier kill a rebel. Do you want a dictatorship or a Islamic dictatorship? Syria has a large Christian population. They comprise of 10 percent of the population. Assad and his government protects Christians,Druzes,Alawites,and Kurds. We all know what will happen if a Islamic government comes into power. They start persecuting minority populations. A good example is when the Muslim Brotherhood came into power in Egypt. They began looting and burning down Coptic Christian churches.

Assad is smart. Not only is his Alawite sect far closer to Christianity than the rest of Islam, but that 10% Christian population produces roughly 90% of the food.

He's ot that keen on Kurds though. They want their own country and are in the process of creating it, much to the irritation of Turkey, Syria and Iraq.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 10:50:27 PM by EC »

SPQR

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 11:00:33 PM »
Assad is smart. Not only is his Alawite sect far closer to Christianity than the rest of Islam, but that 10% Christian population produces roughly 90% of the food.

He's ot that keen on Kurds though. They want their own country and are in the process of creating it, much to the irritation of Turkey, Syria and Iraq.

:beer:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 11:21:35 PM »

I like the Syrian people. They are a little reserved, which is fine by me, but they will literally give you the shirt off their back if you need it. When we were there, they insisted on paying back. Proud folks. I can respect that.

Not hugely fond of Assad - dictators are not my style - but he did keep the peace. The rebels are a mixed bunch. Some look out at the rest of the world and want what they see. Some want to make the Caliphate. The former, you can share a meal or a cig or even a cup of water with. The latter - they are the Muslim version of democrats.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf