Author Topic: OBAMA TRIES TO SHUT DOWN TEA PARTY RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH, VOTE: PROMISED IRS INTEGRITY IN 2013  (Read 594 times)

rangerrebew

OBAMA TRIES TO SHUT DOWN TEA PARTY RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH, VOTE: PROMISED IRS INTEGRITY 2013

Posted on February 7, 2014

Rep Cummings(D) said he had to investigate Ms Englebrecht’s Tea Party group, King Street Patriots, because protecting the right to vote is very important to him. He did not contact her before sending letters or going public. She did not have her non-profit status at that time so what was there to oversee?

Rep Jordan questioned Ms Englebrecht yesterday as chairman of the House Oversight Committee:
 Rep: “And in your first 20 years of business did the IRS ever audit you?”
 “No sir.”
Rep: “But once you filed your application they audited you?”
 “Many times.”
Rep: “And in your first 20 years of business did the FBI ever visit you?”
 “No sir.”
Rep: “But once you filed your application did they visit you?”
 “Six times.”

Obama addressed the country about IRS misconduct back in May of 2013: “IRS personnel who improperly screened conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status. And I look forward to taking some questions at tomorrow’s press conference, but today, I wanted to make sure to get out to all of you some information about what we’re doing about this, and where we go from here.
 I’ve reviewed the Treasury Department watchdog’s report, and the misconduct that it uncovered is inexcusable. It’s inexcusable, and Americans are right to be angry about it, and I am angry about it. I will not tolerate this kind of behavior in any agency, but especially in the IRS, given the power that it has and the reach that it has into all of our lives. And as I said earlier, it should not matter what political stripe you’re from — the fact of the matter is, is that the IRS has to operate with absolute integrity. The government generally has to conduct itself in a way that is true to the public trust. That’s especially true for the IRS.
 So here’s what we’re going to do.
 First, we’re going to hold the responsible parties accountable…
Second, we’re going to put in place new safeguards to make sure this kind of behavior cannot happen again.”

http://burstupdates.wordpress.com/2014/02/07/obama-tries-to-shut-down-tea-party-right-to-free-speech-vote-promised-irs-integrety-2013/
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 11:58:31 am by rangerrebew »