Author Topic: Geraldo Attacks O’Reilly over Contentious Obama Interview: You ‘Minimized’ the President!  (Read 869 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/geraldo-battles-oreilly-over-contentious-obama-interview-you-minimized-the-president/

Geraldo Attacks O’Reilly over Contentious Obama Interview: You ‘Minimized’ the President!
by Josh Feldman | 8:40 pm, February 7th, 2014 video 302

Geraldo Rivera took on Bill O’Reilly Friday night over whether O’Reilly was disrespectful to President Obama in their big Super Bowl interview. Rivera gave O’Reilly some benefit of the doubt, but other than that thought O’Reilly was a bit too confrontational and didn’t give Obama the kind of respect a president normally deserves.

Rivera argued it was less like an interview and more like a meeting of the minds with the “President of Most of the White Guys of America” (O’Reilly) against the president of the rest of the country, and told O’Reilly that it was out of line for him to refer to Obama as a “community organizer.”

He said it was “unsettling to watch,” and the president deserves “all the respect and dignity” of the office. O’Reilly fired back that his job is not to please, it’s to “get information” and ask “the tough questions,” and believed that he gave enough deference and respect to the office of the presidency.

Rivera concluded that the larger point O’Reilly made about inner-city families was “obscured” by how he “minimized” the president.

Watch the video below, via
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline xfreeper

Watch the video below

No thanks

Offline WAYNE

Whoreraldo is a POS that has outlived his usefulness. He should take all the wealth he found in Al Capones secret hideout and depart the scene ASAP.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I always minimize the President. Bad enough I got to listen to him, without watching him.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

Minimize Barry Obama? What's less than zero?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

I always minimize the President. Bad enough I got to listen to him, without watching him.

I minimize him by switching channels.  I don't ever listen to, or watch, him. :peeonobama:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Minimize Barry Obama? What's less than zero?

I thought Jimmah Caata was bad but this guy makes him look like a wizard!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Geraldo Attacks O’Reilly over Contentious Obama Interview: You ‘Minimized’ the President!

As much as I can't STAND O'Reilly I have to take his side on this! Jerry River's (AKA Geraldo) has lost whatever semblance of a brain he once had!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

Jerry River's (AKA Geraldo) has lost whatever semblance of a brain he once had!

All good thinks must come to end. :silly:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
It makes me wonder just what role Geraldo thinks the press should play in our society, and whether he would be as comfortable with that role if a Republican were in the WH.

rangerrebew

It makes me wonder just what role Geraldo thinks the press should play in our society,

I'm fairly certain in isn't patriotic zeal that drives Gerry.  He, like most media people, see the real power in this country is the media.  Since the days of muckrakers the media has become nothing but  for sale rag magazines which determine public opinion.  That is real power and he loves it.

Online mountaineer

Jerry Rivers has confused journalism for public relations. If he wants to be BHO's PR flack, fine, but he shouldn't object when an occasional - a very rare - act of journalism happens.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Jerry Rivers has confused journalism for public relations. If he wants to be BHO's PR flack, fine, but he shouldn't object when an occasional - a very rare - act of journalism happens.

Well said my friend! Well said and absolutely true!

I sometimes wonder if this sort of "confrontation" isn't contrived from the outset!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 03:11:14 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline happyg

Jerry said the same thing about a Brett Baier interview:
"At a certain point, you gotta recognize...when the President seemed exasperated and frustrated and unable to complete a sentence, I thought at some point you gotta make a difference between the guy who's the senate whip or the house whip, or the assemblyman, the leader of the state senate," Geraldo said. "He's not a mayor, he's the President."

Former Bush Press Secretary Oceander Perino disagreed.

"There's not a single reporter who ever interviewed President Bush who would have done anything different," she said. "I was there for 7.5 years, I watched them all...Diane Sawyer, others, they're aggressive and they should be.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/19/geraldo-criticizes-bret-b_n_506793.html

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Megan Kelly, not a redhead, is a lawyer. People still refer to her as councelor, barrister, esquire, etc.

If Billy O had been talking to Megan, and had said, "You are a lawyer. You know what I mean." nobody would think anything of it. Even though now she is a top newscastor and TV personality. Would this be disrespect?

Billy O interviews Obama and says, "You're a community organizer. You know what I mean." and Geraldo 'la raza' Rivera's head explodes.

He is angry because Billy O accidentally exposed a fundemental truth, and that is that Obama is wholly unqualified for the position. That is what was made Jerry angry.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 03:36:51 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.