Author Topic: Texan Hispanics Tilt Democratic, but State Likely to Stay Red  (Read 291 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Texan Hispanics Tilt Democratic, but State Likely to Stay Red
« on: February 07, 2014, 06:53:16 PM »

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Texan Hispanics Tilt Democratic, but State Likely to Stay Red
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 07:25:38 PM »
Hispanics in Texas, especially those who are not illegals or freshly arrived from another state, vote  Republican in far greater % than Hispanics elsewhere.  Hispanics who ID as Texans first are far more likely to vote Republican than not.  Even blacks in Texas vote Republican at a higher rate, although sadly most are still completely brainwashed.

Ted Cruz did very well among Hispanics compared to most Republicans.  Even Romney did better with Texas Hispanics than he did with them in the rest of the country.  Most Hispanics I know are die hard Republicans.  Of course, their families have been in Texas for generations and do not think of themselves as Mexicans.

Texas Republicans are not stupid and are not ignoring them.

Then again, I heard this same story in 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012.  Democrats were going to win state wide races in Texas thanks to Hispanics.  Every single year they came up short.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Texan Hispanics Tilt Democratic, but State Likely to Stay Red
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 09:03:17 AM »

:beer:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf