Offline Rapunzel

« on: February 07, 2014, 05:58:58 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 06:01:33 PM »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 06:13:33 PM »
I have known people that were clean from drugs, and sober from alcohol for years, have a medical incident involving opioid pain medications, and they are back on both alcohol and drugs again.

There are some extreme factions within the recovery culture, that advise against ANY drugs, even if it means handling severe pain without strong medications. (I do not advocate this. But a patient should tell his physician his history, and ask support to be off opioids asap).

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 06:41:52 PM »
I have known people that were clean from drugs, and sober from alcohol for years, have a medical incident involving opioid pain medications, and they are back on both alcohol and drugs again.

There are some extreme factions within the recovery culture, that advise against ANY drugs, even if it means handling severe pain without strong medications. (I do not advocate this. But a patient should tell his physician his history, and ask support to be off opioids asap).

Absolutely right.  Your doctor should by all means know if you have any reason not to be able to take opioid pain meds.  Some states have enacted new regs limiting the number of pills that can be prescribed at one time too...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf