Author Topic: 2016 election: Joe Biden can’t think of reason not to run  (Read 455 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
2016 election: Joe Biden can’t think of reason not to run
« on: February 07, 2014, 01:57:21 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=553B25BF-7EE6-4E28-A2A8-02EAFD657C6F

2016 election: Joe Biden can’t think of reason not to run
By: Natalie Villacorta
February 7, 2014 06:35 AM EST

Vice President Joe Biden can’t think of a good reason why he shouldn’t run for president.

“There’s no obvious reason for me why I think I should not run,” he said in an interview that aired on CNN’s “New Day” on Friday.

He will make his final decision in summer 2015 based on whether he is the “best qualified” person to focus on two things: “giving ordinary people a fighting change to make it” and a “sound foreign policy.”

“I think there’s a future for this country. I know people think I am too optimistic. But it is incredible — there’s so much just within our grasp. Doesn’t mean that I’m the only guy that can do it, but if no one else, I think, can, and I think I can, then I will, and if I don’t, I won’t,” he said.

Biden also addressed talk that some incumbent Democrats don’t want the administration getting involved in the midterm elections, saying that he has been invited to more than 128 races so far.

“There’s some places the president is considerably more popular than I am. There’s some places where I can go in and the president can’t,” he said.

Biden said he is “truly optimistic about this year’s race” because polls show that the majority of the American public agrees with the president and the Democratic Party on the main issues.

“I think we are in the best shape we can be because the American public agrees with us on the issues,” he said.

Despite Speaker John Boehner’s comments Thursday that immigration is unlikely to happen this year, Biden maintained that he thinks it can be passed.

“I still think we can get this done. It doesn’t take much time,” he said, adding that a bill without a pathway to citizenship is “clearly not our preference.”

“Dual status in America, legal but not citizens, is a bad idea,” he said.

Biden also addressed the federal jobs training task force the president has asked him to assemble. “It’s much more than a task force,” he insisted. “It’s about how do we create wider avenues to the middle class?”

For example, Biden said, the administration is working with major corporations to encourage them to hire more of the long-term unemployed.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PzLdr

Re: 2016 election: Joe Biden can’t think of reason not to run
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 02:50:57 pm »
A thread title with a sentence that includes "Joe Biden", "think" and "reason" is not only oxymoronic, it's hilarious.  :whistle:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 12:21:46 pm »
The campaign is on!
Biden Headed to New Hampshire Tuesday
by Keith Koffler on March 24, 2014, 8:38 pm

Such a small state. I wonder what gives?

That’s right, Vice President Biden is headed up to the state that holds the first presidential primary in the nation every four years or so. Oh, and it’s an official event and you’re paying.

According to the White House:
At 1:45 PM ET, the Vice President and Secretary of Labor Thomas Perez will visit a NH Works Center in Nashua, New Hampshire. The Vice President will highlight workforce development and the value of on-the-job training.

How do they justify this?
The state of New Hampshire has one of the most successful on-the-job training programs in the country.

Okay, I see.

I guess the vice president has a right to visit New Hampshire. And the proud people of the Granite State need to see their vice president too.

I wonder what kind of job training program Iowa has?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 06:20:54 pm »
wouldn't that be fun!  all the late night comedians must be salivating over such a prospect