Author Topic: UN resolution 2117 calls for member states to SUPPORT WEAPONS COLLECTION, DISARMAMENT (Senators voting in favor are listed)  (Read 1652 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline aligncare

That list of senators looks like, to quote one of my favorite talkshow hosts, Mark Levin, a conga line of coconuts.
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
That list of senators looks like, to quote one of my favorite talkshow hosts, Mark Levin, a conga line of coconuts.

Yes, I quick scan would seem to indicate they were all democratic coconuts, wouldn't it?
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline mountaineer

Joe Manchin is conspicuous by his absence. He fully supports Obama's gun-grabbing, but still tries to portray himself to his W.Va. constituents as a pro-2A kind of outdoorsy guy.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Which Dems did not vote for it?

Though it is painful to admit a Dem doing right, maybe call them/e-mail them and thank them? And certainly the Repub Senators should be thanked. We're fast to complain at times - but that's not how you train a puppy. A little praise is also needed.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

We're fast to complain at times - but that's not how you train a puppy. A little praise is also needed.

NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Which Dems did not vote for it?

Though it is painful to admit a Dem doing right, maybe call them/e-mail them and thank them? And certainly the Repub Senators should be thanked. We're fast to complain at times - but that's not how you train a puppy. A little praise is also needed.

I wouldn't assume they didn't vote because they were 'doing right'. They may have been absent from the vote.

Offline mountaineer

I wouldn't assume they didn't vote because they were 'doing right'. They may have been absent from the vote.
They probably didn't vote because they didn't want to show their true colors, e.g., Manchin, not because they actually opposed the measure.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Only one Senator was absent (or pulled a Obama and voted present.) 99 votes out of 100.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:25:25 AM by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf