Author Topic: 'The View's' Whoopi Goldberg Laments Conservative Women Drive Ratings  (Read 834 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/02/06/The-View-s-Goldberg-Says-Conservative-Women-a-Drive-for-Ratings-RIGHT-ONE

'The View's' Whoopi Goldberg Laments Conservative Women Drive Ratings

by Warner Todd Huston 6 Feb 2014

This week The View featured several conservative women as guest hosts, something show co-host Whoopi Goldberg admitted was an attempt to boost ratings.

The very notion that conservative women could generate interest flies in the face of the phony Republican War on Women meme while reminding viewers how few GOP-friendly female guests appear on morning talk shows.

On Monday, Oceander Loesch—former editor of Breitbart News's Big Journalism and currently a host on Glenn Beck's cable network The Blaze—sat on the ABC show's panel, followed on Tuesday by HotAir's Mary Katharine Ham. Before the week began, Goldberg seemed disgusted about the upcoming shows, Tweeting that the whole thing was a stunt. She reminded her social media followers that she doesn't schedule guests.

Actress Elizabeth Perkins scolded The View on Feb. 2 by Tweeting to Goldberg that she was unhappy over the conservative host idea.

"I'm very surprised by The View booking Oceander Loesch," Perkins Tweeted. "There is no compromise with her, no solution other than more guns. Sad."

In response Goldberg agreed with Perkins and then noted that the idea of having conservative women on the show was a grab for ratings.

"Yeah.. Me too," Goldberg replied, "but it's sweeps apparently.. & they are going for ratings I'm sure."

For years The View featured a lone conservative--Elisabeth Hasselbeck--against three or more liberal co-hosts and generally left-of-center guests.

This week's guest host "stunt" also flies in the face of the "Republican war on women" narrative. If ABC is admitting it needs to reach out to conservative women to boost ratings then they are saying that there is a large number of women that conservatives appeal to and that they are ignoring.

After her Monday appearance, Loesch noted via Twitter that she had a great time on The View and that Goldberg treated her well.

By Tuesday, Goldberg apparently got a bit tired of liberals attacking The View over the inclusion of the conservative women. She Tweeted, "Hey you don't like a guest on @theviewtv tell them NOT me cos I don't book the show. HOWEVER it is called the View & u don't have 2agree."
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: 'The View's' Whoopi Goldberg Laments Conservative Women Drive Ratings
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 12:16:02 am »
Furthermore, it's not like more liberal women are tuning in to watch bloodsport against the 'weird' Conservative guest on the panel.

It's Conservative women tuning in to see how well the Conservative defends herself and our POV.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 12:20:40 am »
Furthermore, it's not like more liberal women are tuning in to watch bloodsport against the 'weird' Conservative guest on the panel.

It's Conservative women tuning in to see how well the Conservative defends herself and our POV.

The liberals were really ticked that they had them on - I saw on twitter tons of people saying they never watch The View but were tuning in to see Oceander.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 12:25:38 am »
The liberals were really ticked that they had them on - I saw on twitter tons of people saying they never watch The View but were tuning in to see Oceander.

I wonder how many women in general are enlightened after watching a week....that Conservative women are not monsters or morons.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 12:32:15 am »
The liberals were really ticked that they had them on - I saw on twitter tons of people saying they never watch The View but were tuning in to see .

Did you see Dana's show tonight where she read some of the "hate-mail" from Twitter and Facebookers enraged at the View for having her on? 

I love her hate-mail segments where she reads them with different "accents" - it's hilarious!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 12:37:19 am by alicewonders »
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 12:33:00 am »
I wonder how many women in general are enlightened after watching a week....that Conservative women are not monsters or morons.

Oceander said by the time she left on Monday even Whoopi was being really nice to her... so if they tuned in this week they learned we are not what they've been told.

Oh and get this - the woman who started the twitter tirade to keep Oceander off the show because - gasp - she has guns......... that woman is being paid by the Bloomberg anti gun coalition and most of the twitter posts were using the same talking points... Oceander showed it all on her show this afternoon on The Blaze.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 12:36:49 am »

My guess is that a lot of the liberal women sat there with their hands over their ears going "la la la la la la la" to block out the sound of a conservative woman's voice.  It's a lot like throwing holy water on a vampire!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!