Author Topic: Cher's son Elijah Blue opens up about heroin abuse  (Read 696 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Cher's son Elijah Blue opens up about heroin abuse
« on: February 07, 2014, 04:19:42 am »
http://wonderwall.msn.com/music/chers-son-elijah-blue-opens-up-about-heroin-abuse-1795511.story?ocid=answw11

Cher's son Elijah Blue opens up about heroin abuse

Entertainment Tonight, Tuesday, February 4, 2014, 1:42pm (PST)

Cher and Greg Allman's son, musician and artist Elijah Blue Allman, recently opened up to ET about his battle with drug addiction, which he says began when he was just 11 years old.

"I started with drugs around the same time that we all did, around eleven. I mean it's just what you did, it's just what everybody did," Allman, now 37, told ET's Rob Marciano, saying that he started with weed and ecstasy.

He later turned to harder drugs.

"I [was] just looking to escape all the things in my past and, that's when you turn to those kind of drugs, you know heroin and opiates," he said. "[Heroin] kind of saved me … If I didn't have that at that point, I don't know what I would have done …You may jump off a bridge. If you can only just go through that time period and live through it and then get help."

He also admitted to having some scary close calls when it came to overdosing.

"I did have some close calls and some moments of really feeling at the edge of mortality ... I always kind of kept it a little bit safe but you never can do that. Even though you think that in your mind, of course the wrong things can happen," he said. "The wrong combination of things can happen and you can just slip into the abyss. I knew it was wrong and I knew that I was very unsatisfied with life at that point."

Allman says he's now been sober since 2008.

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Cher's son Elijah Blue opens up about heroin abuse
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 10:57:35 pm »
As he said, drugs were a way of life in the Allman family. Gregg had the same demons.

Of course, given that and the fact that my mother was Cher, I'd be messed up, too. Ask Chastity Bono-- I mean Chaz...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 11:02:54 pm »
As he said, drugs were a way of life in the Allman family. Gregg had the same demons.

Of course, given that and the fact that my mother was Cher, I'd be messed up, too. Ask Chastity Bono-- I mean Chaz...

Yep, my first thought was his dad was a known addict and Cher should spend less time trashing conservatives on Twitter and pay more attention to her own problems at home.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 11:43:46 pm »
SAY WHAT??  Cher has a kid with drug issues?!?! 

I'm just shocked.  SHOCKED I tell you....!~

:thud: