Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« on: February 06, 2014, 02:12:03 PM »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 02:12:58 PM »
I've been saying essentially the same thing for a LONG time now and am gratified to finally see it in print!

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 02:24:23 PM »
Obama - like much of the liberal western world - is desperately hoping that Iran's nuclear program will just fade away without him having to do much of anything other than pimp around throwing off rhetorical niceties.  All Obama needs is for Iran to remain quiescent for just under three years, and then Iran and everything else becomes the fault of the next president, while Obama can loll around in presidential retirement, tut-tutting about how his successor is failing to control/contain the Iranian nuclear threat.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 02:34:05 PM »
Obama - like much of the liberal western world - is desperately hoping that Iran's nuclear program will just fade away without him having to do much of anything other than pimp around throwing off rhetorical niceties.  All Obama needs is for Iran to remain quiescent for just under three years, and then Iran and everything else becomes the fault of the next president, while Obama can loll around in presidential retirement, tut-tutting about how his successor is failing to control/contain the Iranian nuclear threat.

I don't believe that is the case. I believe Obama is an Iranian agent under the complete control of WH Chief of Staff Valerie Jarrett!

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 02:35:43 PM »
I don't believe that is the case. I believe Obama is an Iranian agent under the complete control of WH Chief of Staff Valerie Jarrett!

Nah.  He's just a very strident liberal who simply cannot bring himself to deal with the harsher side of reality - just like Jimmy Carter in the late 70s.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 02:38:53 PM »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 02:44:27 PM »
Nah.  He's just a very strident liberal who simply cannot bring himself to deal with the harsher side of reality - just like Jimmy Carter in the late 70s.

I honestly hope you are right and I am wrong!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 02:51:28 PM »

If he is simply a liberal, then he must understand that a nuclear Iran destroys any possibility of attaining the liberal dream of global nuclear disarmament.  Iran going nuclear will ignite a Middle East arms race.  I wouldn't go so far as to claim OPapaDoc is an Iranian agent (although I wouldn't rule it out), but he certainly does not seem all that concerned about Iran joining the nuclear club. That is perplexing, given the liberals' distaste for nuclear proliferation.

"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 02:57:56 PM »
Is it really true that a President is vetted in the media only and has no clearance to pass? Reading Gates book I see even he has to pass muster with a background check clearance. A VP is background checked was Obama? If so why was his ALIAS not explained/vetted right away in the media?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 03:00:37 PM »
If he is simply a liberal, then he must understand that a nuclear Iran destroys any possibility of attaining the liberal dream of global nuclear disarmament.  Iran going nuclear will ignite a Middle East arms race.  I wouldn't go so far as to claim OPapaDoc is an Iranian agent (although I wouldn't rule it out), but he certainly does not seem all that concerned about Iran joining the nuclear club. That is perplexing, given the liberals' distaste for nuclear proliferation.

I did not reach my conclusion based on any one thing but the totality of everything that has taken place from when he announced his candidacy for president forward. I am NOT at all trying to be cavalier about it.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 03:10:53 PM »
I did not reach my conclusion based on any one thing but the totality of everything that has taken place from when he announced his candidacy for president forward. I am NOT at all trying to be cavalier about it.

It's not an unreasonable supposition based on his actions.  It's just a leap I haven't made yet.  At the very least, OPapaDoc seems uninterested in continuing the proxy war against Iran that has been going on since Carter.  He is, in effect, surrendering.  Whether he is doing that because he is an Iranian agent, a political coward, or simply an airheaded liberal I can't rightly say.  Maybe he's all three.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 03:28:59 PM »
Is it really true that a President is vetted in the media only and has no clearance to pass? Reading Gates book I see even he has to pass muster with a background check clearance. A VP is background checked was Obama? If so why was his ALIAS not explained/vetted right away in the media?

The Constitution says that  "No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States." US Constitution, Article II, Section 1

It does not anywhere state - nor to my knowledge  is there any law that states - exactly how candidates for the office are to be vetted to make sure they meet those requirements. If I am wrong on this I would welcome being corrected!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 05:15:31 PM »

Exactly.  To know what they are about you have to know who they are conspiring with, Not only Jarrett, but remember Huma?  Her parents ARE Muslim Brotherhood higher-ups....and Iranian, too.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 05:16:40 PM »

Jimmy Carter was a neophyte compared to this team.  There is no comparison...... not even close.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 05:18:55 PM »
The Constitution says that  "No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States." US Constitution, Article II, Section 1

It does not anywhere state - nor to my knowledge  is there any law that states - exactly how candidates for the office are to be vetted to make sure they meet those requirements. If I am wrong on this I would welcome being corrected!

I find it distressing the founders drafted such a brilliant document and then left out the proper checks and balances - as in show us proof you're a citizen before running for President.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf