Author Topic: Obama's IRS 'Confusion'  (Read 637 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Obama's IRS 'Confusion'
« on: February 06, 2014, 07:10:08 pm »
House committees are still digging into the IRS political targeting scandal, and based on a hearing Wednesday there's more to learn. The day produced more evidence blowing apart President Obama's claims that there was "not even a smidgen of corruption" or political motivation in the IRS handling of groups applying for tax-exempt status.

Mr. Obama wants Americans to believe that the targeting resulted from the confusing tax law governing nonprofits, which he says was "difficult" to interpret and resulted in mere "bureaucratic" mistakes. This is also the Administration's justification for issuing new regulations governing 501(c)(4)s that would effectively silence White House opponents this election year. Published in the Federal Register in November, the new rules cite the "lack of a clear and concise" regulation as reason for the rewrite.

House Ways and Means Chairman Dave Camp blew up this fairy tale at Wednesday's hearing with new IRS Commissioner John Koskinen. Mr. Camp unveiled a June 14, 2012 email from Treasury career attorney Ruth Madrigal to key IRS officials in the tax-exempt department, including former director Lois Lerner.

House Ways and Means Oversight subcommittee Chairman Rep. Charles Boustany (R., La.), left, and ranking member Rep. John Lewis (D., Ga.) on Wednesday before the start of the IRS hearing. Associated Press

The email cites a blog post about the political activity of tax-exempt 501(c)(4) groups and reads: "Don't know who in your organizations [sic] is keeping tabs on c4s, but since we mentioned potentially addressing them (off-plan) in 2013, I've got my radar up and this seemed interesting."

Interesting for sure. The IRS typically puts out a public schedule of coming regulations, and Mr. Camp noted that in this case "off-plan" appears to mean "hidden from the public." He added that committee interviews with IRS officials have found that the new 2013 rules were in the works as early as 2011, meaning the Administration has "fabricated the rationale" for this new regulation.

Mr. Camp added that everything his committee has discovered contradicts the White House argument that the IRS scandal was caused by legal "confusion." The current rules governing 501(c)(4)s have existed, unchanged, since 1959. Prior to 2010 the IRS processed and approved tax-exempt applications in fewer than three months with no apparent befuddlement.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304181204579365161576171176?mod=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Obama's IRS 'Confusion'
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 07:15:23 pm »
The president's comment is just one more on a long list of impeachable offenses he has committed!

Sending messages as to the outcome he wants in an ongoing DOJ investigation! An outcome he will undoubtedly get!

« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 07:22:04 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 07:31:03 pm »
Why did Lerner plead the fifth?

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 08:03:54 pm »
Wow,  I missed that Bigun thanks!!!

this needs to be breaking  24/7 headline news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z32ZAqkQxAg

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 08:05:12 pm »
Obama saying there is not a smidgen of evidence is especially telling being that he is an attorney.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 08:56:14 pm »
Wow,  I missed that Bigun thanks!!!

this needs to be breaking  24/7 headline news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z32ZAqkQxAg

Wow is right!

Gowdy speaks the TRUTH.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 09:46:37 pm »
I wish Gowdy was Speaker of the House.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 12:47:07 am »
I wish Gowdy was Speaker of the House.

That would be glorious bliss.