Author Topic: Hillary Clinton goes on private shopping spree at Bergdorf’s; campaign wardrobe speculation  (Read 1141 times)

Offline mountaineer

Hillary Clinton goes on private shopping spree at Bergdorf’s
By Emily Smith/NY Post
February 5, 2014 | 10:57pm

Hillary Clinton went on a private shopping spree at Bergdorf Goodman early Tuesday morning, sparking further speculation that she’s suiting up for a 2016 presidential run.

Hillary was spotted entering the posh department store by a side entrance at 9 a.m., with a small entourage of security and assistants.

Bergdorf Goodman, which opens to the public at 10 a.m., is famed for its personal shoppers, particularly Betty Halbreich, who was the breakout star of the 2013 documentary “Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf’s.”

Hillary, a low-key dresser and the oft purveyor of the humble pantsuit, has steadfastly refused to make fashion an issue. While secretary of state, in 2010, she dressed down a moderator in Kyrgyzstan who asked, “Which designers do you prefer?” Hillary responded, “Would you ever ask a man that question?”

But she’s been known to rock an Oscar de la Renta gown — she presented the CFDA Founder’s Award to the iconic designer last year — or a Chanel jacket.

A rep for Bergdorf declined to comment. Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines didn’t respond.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Hillary, a low-key dresser and the oft purveyor of the humble pantsuit, has steadfastly refused to make fashion an issue. While secretary of state, in 2010, she dressed down a moderator in Kyrgyzstan who asked, “Which designers do you prefer?” Hillary responded, “Would you ever ask a man that question?”

Any doubt she is a lesbian?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
I heard Mary Falln, Susana Martinez, Kathy Rogers, Jan Brewer, Sarah Palin, Nikk Haley, Condie Rice, Kelly Ayotte and Marsha Blackburn all went shopping without personal assistants like Queen progressive Commie Pantsuits.

They may all be eying a 2016 bid.

Imagine if one of these ladies had personal assistants the media would make fun like they did Ann Romney for being wealthy. I guess only blow hard progressive communists are ALLOWED to be wealthy.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Relic

The media, and women have decided it's time for a woman. Hillary, in spite of her negatives, has the inside track.

Women voters frustrate me.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
I think a woman President but not a progressive democrat would be quite refreshing.  I think the dems and media got flipped out when the GOP made history with Palin.

It is a good political move as well as I think only another woman can beat Hillary. Like it, or not.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 03:34:32 pm by Gazoo »

Offline Relic

I think a woman President but not a progressive democrat would be quite refreshing.  I think the dems and media got flipped out when the GOP made history with Palin.

It is a good political move as well as I think only another woman can beat Hillary. Like it, or not.

Identity politics gave us Barack Obama. Like it or not.

rangerrebew

Maybe she was buying clothes that were better able to hide the Depends she needs to keep all the sh*t she spews from contaminating everyone around her.

Offline MBB1984

Identity politics gave us Barack Obama. Like it or not.

True, but Shillary is not just a woman.  She is an aged, unattractive women with little personality and charisma.  Place a turkey necked, overweight Hillary against a vibrant, youthful and articulate GOP nominee like Cruz and Hillary will look drastically old and dated.  Time for change will ring out to the electorate where image is everything.   

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
True, but Shillary is not just a woman.  She is an aged, unattractive women with little personality and charisma.  Place a turkey necked, overweight Hillary against a vibrant, youthful and articulate GOP nominee like Cruz and Hillary will look drastically old and dated.  Time for change will ring out to the electorate where image is everything.

Nikki Haley please. They bring a knife, we bring a gun.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Nikki Haley please. They bring a knife, we bring a gun.

Or Jan Brewer.

Dr. Ben Carson and Susana Martinez for the win Alex. With Rand as the sec of the treasury and audit the fed, Palin as energy sec., Trey Gowdy as AG. Jan Brewer as Immigration and so on

Very politically wise and savvy, it would be a dream for America.

This guy to a high position to dismantle the IRS.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 09:48:08 pm by Gazoo »

Offline Rapunzel

Or Jan Brewer.

Dr. Ben Carson and Susana Martizez for the win Alex. With Rand as the sec of the treasury and audit the fed, Palin as energy sec., Trey Gowdy as AG. Jan Brewer as Immigration and so on

Very politically wise and savvy, it would be a dream for America.

No on Jan Brewer.  (she's my Governor) and I have been looking off and on at Susana Martinez to see what she has accomplished in NM and it isn't impressive to date... She had a great personality, though.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
What about Kelly Ayotte? Mary fallin? Marsha Blackburn?

Offline Rapunzel

What about Kelly Ayotte? Mary fallin? Marsha Blackburn?

Nope, Ayoette has been 100% co-opted by McCain/Graham.  Marsha Blackburn is only a congresswoman. Fallon is a decent governor.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

rangerrebew

Do the poor and middle classes shop at this place or is she showing the income inequality of her wealth?  This IS an important thing to liberals, after all. :whistle:

Offline mountaineer

Do the poor and middle classes shop at this place or is she showing the income inequality of her wealth?  This IS an important thing to liberals, after all. :whistle:
It's not exactly Walmart or Target, let's put it that way.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org