Author Topic: Supreme Court justice confirms American inernment camps will happen, be a reality  (Read 1199 times)

rangerrebew

Camps Will Happen Again: “It is the Reality”

Supreme Court Justice Confirms American Internment Camps Will Happen Again: “It is the Reality”

While President Obama and Congressional members have made an effort to convince their constituents that the provisions in the National Defense Authorization Act will never be used against citizens of the United States, the fact is that the laws clearly allow for the detention, arrest and detainment of Americans without charge or trial. The President attempted to assuage these fears of potential abuse of the law by including a signing statement promising he would never use the law against Americans, but the statement itself is non-binding, leaving the possibility of misuse wide open.

In the event of a declared national emergency or war, when fear and panic are running rampant, the President will, without a shadow of a doubt, implement whatever means necessary in order to control the populace and maintain order.

Detainment and interment will be at the top of the Department of Homeland Security’s to-do list.

And if you have any doubts about this possibility then pay close attention to the words of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia at a recent event where law students asked the judge about the internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II.

Keep in mind that this is coming from one of the people who will be sitting on the panel of judges who decides whether or not such an act is Constitutional:

Well, of course, Korematsu was wrong. And I think we have repudiated in a later case.

But you are kidding yourself if you think the same thing will not happen again.

That’s what was going on — the panic about the war and the invasion of the Pacific and whatnot. That’s what happens. It was wrong, but I would not be surprised to see it happen again, in time of war.

It’s no justification, but it is the reality.

There will come a time in America when panic grips the nation. There will be riots, violence, and bloodshed resulting from any number of plausible scenarios like the collapse of our economic and monetary systems.

When this happens the government will implement their continuity plans. Martial law will be declared.

The Department of Homeland Security will activate their already stocked and staffed Federal Emergency Management Agency refugee camps. We’ve seen these in limited form during major storms like Hurricane Sandy. Those who came to FEMA for help reported that their facilities were like concentration camps.

But they were nothing compared to what would happen in a situation where hundreds of thousands of people would need to be detained under a national emergency declaration. According to various sources and a ton of research over the years, FEMA camps are situated all over the country and are awaiting internees.

A U.S. Army internal document provides some additional insight:

The document makes it clear that the policies apply “within U.S. territory” and involve, “DOD support to U.S. civil authorities for domestic emergencies, and for designated law enforcement and other activities,” including “man-made disasters, accidents, terrorist attacks and incidents in the U.S. and its territories.”

The manual states, “These operations may be performed as domestic civil support operations,” and adds that “The authority to approve resettlement such operations within U.S. territories,” would require a “special exception” to The Posse Comitatus Act, which can be obtained via “the President invoking his executive authority.” The document also makes reference to identifying detainees using their “social security number.”

Aside from enemy combatants and other classifications of detainees, the manual includes the designation of “civilian internees,” in other words citizens who are detained for, “security reasons, for protection, or because he or she committed an offense against the detaining power.”

If you’re paying attention you can see the signs everywhere. The government of the United States is preparing for a widespread event that, based on their recent activities, will require the deployment of armed police, military and even a multi-million strong civilian security force.

This is happening and a Supreme Court Justice of the United States just confirmed that there will be no stopping it.

Read more at http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/02/supreme-court-justice-confirms-american-internment-camps-will-happen-reality/#WI0APkp0dI5qDtUJ.99
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 12:59:42 pm by rangerrebew »

Oceander

Just a little FYI:  the president's ability to use American military forces within the US was first expanded (most recently) in 2006 under GWB, who had argued in favor of the changes.  Those changes were repealed in 2008 because of concerns that they made it a little too easy for the president to resort to the use of federal military troops within the US.

So this sort of power grab does have some bipartisan support.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Contrary to contemporary opinion, the camps were believed necessary by the citizens in the areas affected.

There were submarine nets constructed to block Jap subs from entering the harbors and ports. There were shellings by Jap vessels, at Ellwood oil fields, north of Santa Barbara--the first direct attack on the US     mainland since 1812.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellwood_Oil_Field

And it later turned out there WERE subversive forces among the California residents of Japanese origins.

The sad but intellectually honest result of your ethnic group attacking America: You become suspect.

Self preservation is a strong instinct. My Dad worked on the internment camp facilities in Wyoming as a teen, and my Mother recounts blackouts over the entire California coast.

Finally I have known people who's families were interned, and they seemed to understand the reality of how it came to be.

Germans and Italians were interned too.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

Contrary to contemporary opinion, the camps were believed necessary by the citizens in the areas affected.

There were submarine nets constructed to block Jap subs from entering the harbors and ports. There were shellings by Jap vessels, at Ellwood oil fields, north of Santa Barbara--the first direct attack on the US     mainland since 1812.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellwood_Oil_Field

And it later turned out there WERE subversive forces among the California residents of Japanese origins.

The sad but intellectually honest result of your ethnic group attacking America: You become suspect.

Self preservation is a strong instinct. My Dad worked on the internment camp facilities in Wyoming as a teen, and my Mother recounts blackouts over the entire California coast.

Finally I have known people who's families were interned, and they seemed to understand the reality of how it came to be.

Germans and Italians were interned too.

the internments were still disproportionately Japanese and were much more indiscriminate, most likely driven as much by racism as by anything else.  After all, a second generation Japanese American still looks "foreign" whereas a second generation German or Italian American looks just like the rest of us.

Offline truth_seeker

I am utterly amazed by the naïve feelings of today. the Japs looked like they looked. Not our fault.

And they attacked us, killed 3,000 of our people.

As it were, we did NOT hurt the Japs here. We kept them safe from our people that WOULD have hurt them.

Hindsight often yields different perspectives. At the time we were not certain they were loyal, or in collaboration.

We took reasonable defensive measures. I'm disappointed Scalia doesn't see it that way.

We have even become unwilling to wage war to achieve total victory. We have not won a major conflict since WWII, in the sense of unconditional surrender, etc.

Not Korea, not Vietnam, not Iraq or Afghanistan.

We are stuck on suicidal stupidity over political correctness, and it costs our peoples' lives.

Offline Rapunzel

So this sort of power grab does have some bipartisan support.

Yes, doesn't make it right. This is why I have been as critical of Bush as anyone else (Bush #41 and #43) and I was and still am against creating Department of HLS.  Why are we arming our police departments?   This morning two former policemen - one from Indiana and one from Maine both called in to Glenn Beck's radio show to tell him (due to discussion of the fireman in San Diego being arrested at the scene of an accident for not moving the fire truck) that the younger officers are actually being sent to HLS training classes and in the classes being told to ignore the constitution that "only those crazy right wingers think it is relevant."  They also said there is no comparison in the older and mostly retiring now officers and these young officers who are bursting into our homes, killing our dogs, and more...... it is all part of the new training.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

I am utterly amazed by the naïve feelings of today. the Japs looked like they looked. Not our fault.

As it were, we did NOT hurt the Japs here. We kept them safe from our people that WOULD have hurt them.

Hindsight often yields different perspectives. At the time we were not certain they were loyal, or in collaboration.

We took reasonable defensive measures. I'm disappointed Scalia doesn't see it that way.

We have even become unwilling to wage war to achieve total victory. We have not won a major conflict since WWII, in the sense of unconditional surrender, etc.

We are stuck on suicidal stupidity over political correctness, and it costs our peoples' lives.

Roosevelt put them in camps because they voted for Republicans and he needed them out of the way to win the 1944 election... California in particular.  As soon as he won the 1944 election he started making plans to take the camps down.    He used a similar method in 1942 election to win Pennsylvania.  He locked up Moses Louis Annenberg.  He had to get him out of the way in order to win PA - so off to prison he went. Roosevelt then carried PA and won the 1942 election.  Oh, and Roosevelt used the IRS as his weapon to jail Annenberg.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 10:27:37 pm by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

and at least the slaves before the Civil War had food and shelter and someone to protect them from those who would lynch them.

Offline truth_seeker

Roosevelt put them in camps because they voted for Republicans and he needed them out of the way to win the 1944 election... California in particular.  As soon as he won the 1944 election he started making plans to take the camps down.    He used a similar method in 1942 election to win Pennsylvania.  He locked up Moses Louis Annenberg.  He had to get him out of the way in order to win PA - so off to prison he went. Roosevelt then carried PA and won the 1942 election.  Oh, and Roosevelt used the IRS as his weapon to jail Annenberg.
I'm relying on my parents and grandparents, who lived through the war in Socal, and were btw Republicans.

So I will restate, there was wide public support for internment, and for valid reasons--and I stated them.

Your version, since I have never heard of, I'll assume may have come from Beck or Buchanan, or some other source, since you give none.

Offline Rapunzel

I'm relying on my parents and grandparents, who lived through the war in Socal, and were btw Republicans.

So I will restate, there was wide public support for internment, and for valid reasons--and I stated them.

Your version, since I have never heard of, I'll assume may have come from Beck or Buchanan, or some other source, since you give none.

First of all Roosevelt could not have done this if he had not convinced the public Japanese were bad people... I'm sure you know that. As to the history -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_D._Roosevelt%27s_record_on_civil_rights

Interior Secretary Ickes lobbied Roosevelt through 1944 to release the Japanese American internees, but Roosevelt did not act until after the November presidential election. A fight for Japanese American civil rights meant a fight with influential Democrats, the Army, and the Hearst press and would have endangered Roosevelt's chances of winning California in 1944.

Offline sinkspur

Every time a Democrat's in the White House, we have these insane stories about internment camps.

It happened under Clinton, now Obama. 

What's next?  Contrails?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline truth_seeker

First of all Roosevelt could not have done this if he had not convinced the public Japanese were bad people... I'm sure you know that. As to the history -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_D._Roosevelt%27s_record_on_civil_rights

Interior Secretary Ickes lobbied Roosevelt through 1944 to release the Japanese American internees, but Roosevelt did not act until after the November presidential election. A fight for Japanese American civil rights meant a fight with influential Democrats, the Army, and the Hearst press and would have endangered Roosevelt's chances of winning California in 1944.
He won 1944 by 56.5% dem, 43.0% Republican; hardly close. (He had won 1940 by 57.4% vs. 41.3% or not much change)

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/showelection.php?year=1944

And I give far more weight to the facts as taught me by my family who lived the war years in SoCal, as well as my own studies of the history as it pertains to the Pacific coast. Their facts and attitudes reflected public opinion accurately.

The American people needed no convincing, as Pearl Harbor did that. The Japanese attacked the SoCal coast, so it wasn't anything contrived to be fearful.

You have fallen victim to history's revision, regarding this issue. The internments were popular with America's citizens at the time.

And as I previously stated there were internments of Italians and Germans.

Try this for facts about the public mood.

https://pollways.bangordailynews.com/2011/12/29/national/government-public-opinion-research-and-the-japanese-american-internment/

"Multiple surveys were conducted in the Pacific coast states. Southern Californians were the most suspicious, with three-quarters believing that either none or a few were loyal; slightly more than half thought Japanese aliens would “actually do something about the United States if they have a chance.”

Not surprisingly, southern Californians indicated the strongest support for moving Japanese- Americans to internment camps: three-quarters held that view, compared to 50% of respondents in Washington, 56% in Oregon, and 44% in Northern California.

Meanwhile, in the nation as a whole, Germans were seen as more dangerous than Japanese."

rangerrebew

I am utterly amazed by the naïve feelings of today. the Japs (Muslims today) looked like they looked. Not our fault.

The Muslims did the same thing at the World Trade Center but we didn't intern them.  Why do you think that might be?