Author Topic: Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ll Send Obama Executive Orders  (Read 2711 times)

Offline happyg

Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ll Send Obama Executive Orders
« on: February 06, 2014, 03:31:02 am »
by Keith Koffler on February 5, 2014, 8:29 am

W w w w w w wait a second here. This isn’t what I learned in fifth grade.

The leftists on the new House Democratic “Full Employment Caucus” are planning to “draft” executive orders for President Obama to sign, according to Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee of Texas.

Legislation doesn’t have to pass Congress anymore! IT JUST NEEDS TO BE APPROVED BY THE FULL EMPLOYMENT CAUCUS AND SENT STRAIGHT TO THE PRESIDENT.

Because the Caucus, you see, “will be answering the call of all of America,” according to SJL. So now we apparently have a Dictatorship of the Proletariat right here in the United States.

Here’s what she said:
We will be answering the call of all of America because people need work and we’re not doing right by them by creating work. And I believe this caucus will put us on the right path and we’ll give President Obama a number of executive orders that he can sign with pride and strength.

In fact, I think that should be our number one agenda. Let’s write up these executive orders — draft them, of course — and ask the president to stand with us on full employment.
I mean, it says it right there in the Constitution – Article VIII, Section 2:
In case of high unemployment, the House of Representatives shall establish a Full Employment Caucus which shall be empowered to approve laws and send them directly to the president. The president shall be empowered to sign these laws with pride and strength.

During times of especially high unemployment, members of the Full Employment Caucus will also be permitted to cut in line in the House cafeteria.
The Federalist Papers show that the Founders considered giving the Full Employment Caucus the power to declare war, but ultimately left this with Congress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6fPtuTQJyA&feature=player_embedded
http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2014/02/05/sheila-jackson-lee-send-obama-executive-orders/

Offline sinkspur

Re: Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ll Send Obama Executive Orders
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 03:40:40 am »
Can't trash females on this website, so just imagine the worst thing you can think of  and that's what I'd like to post.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 03:56:15 am »
What are those things? They appear to be females of some kind. I think? I guess?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 03:56:37 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 05:10:34 am »
Vidkun Quisling must be so proud of this intellectual offspring of his.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 06:27:09 am »
Turns out this isn't a joke. Wilkow has a lawyer who worked a counsel for GWB on discussing this and it seems Jackson-Lee and her cronies have been conspiring with the WH for this and they really do plan to do an end run around Boehner and the Senate and send bills directly to Obama to sign. They pointed out if Bush had done this Pelosi would have shut down the government, yet Boehner is sitting idly by and doing nothing.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 07:36:50 am »
Turns out this isn't a joke. Wilkow has a lawyer who worked a counsel for GWB on discussing this and it seems Jackson-Lee and her cronies have been conspiring with the WH for this and they really do plan to do an end run around Boehner and the Senate and send bills directly to Obama to sign. They pointed out if Bush had done this Pelosi would have shut down the government, yet Boehner is sitting idly by and doing nothing.

Some how for you it's always the GOP's fault

http://www.foramerica.org/donate/

Offline raml

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 08:22:29 am »
That is because it is the republicans fault they are doing nothing yet this man Obama is shredding the constitution. It is against the law to do this so they need to get on the stick and stop him. No democrat would have let it be if a republican president had ever tried this ignoring of the law. Republicans have always been weak even when they had the house, senate and presidency. They have finally made a lot of people sick to death of them.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 09:46:33 am »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 03:44:58 pm »

Have you got a website to link to on this?

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 03:49:18 pm »

And somehow for you the GOPe  is always the victim.

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 03:53:24 pm »

Huh?  That doesn't follow.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 04:46:18 pm »
It saddens me that a segment of our population sees fit to return people like this as their "representative" over and over.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 05:02:00 pm »
It saddens me that a segment of our population sees fit to return people like this as their "representative" over and over.

She is a Brooklyn lawyer who imported herself to Houston in order to run for Congress and the democrat, at that time, legislature tailor made a district for her.  Republicans later made her district even more tailor made in order to strengthen neighboring republican districts.  Couldn't blast her out of there with a keg of nitro!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 05:14:07 pm »
OK....time for a deep breath and a reality check here...

Someone tell me exactly what Executive Orders this loudmouth and her affiliates think they can draft and Obama can sign, that is going to "create work" in any way, shape or form??  Anyone know what their grand agenda actually is?? 

Even if Obama enacted some sort of EO it will last exactly as long as his Presidency, and will likely be killed by the next President.

Oceander

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 05:15:22 pm »
She is a Brooklyn lawyer who imported herself to Houston in order to run for Congress and the democrat, at that time, legislature tailor made a district for her.  Republicans later made her district even more tailor made in order to strengthen neighboring republican districts.  Couldn't blast her out of there with a keg of nitro!

Even so, it's saddening to see that nobody in her district can grasp her essential idiocy, arrogance, and incipient despotism sufficiently to be embarrassed by her and decide to run against her to replace her.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 05:25:51 pm »
Even so, it's saddening to see that nobody in her district can grasp her essential idiocy, arrogance, and incipient despotism sufficiently to be embarrassed by her and decide to run against her to replace her.

She has had several well spoken and fairly well financed opponents over the years all with the same result! She's still there.  Here's a picture of her district map.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 05:27:43 pm »
She has had several well spoken and fairly well financed opponents over the years all with the same result! She's still there.  Here's a picture of her district map.

Including opponents - even democrats - who were life long residents of that district?

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 05:38:52 pm »

Nope, sure couldn't!!  And that tailor made district is just one of way too many!!  Likely a large part of the reason that incumbents are so hard to unseat...

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2014, 05:44:47 pm »
Including opponents - even democrats - who were life long residents of that district?

Not sure about life long but long time for sure! The fellow who came closest was a long time resident of the district, was black, and had the wherewithal to self finance a substantial campaign.  More recently a white man by the name of John Faulk tired and failed as well.

In 1994, Jackson Lee ran for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives, challenging four-term incumbent U.S. Congressman Craig Washington of the Houston-based Texas' 18th congressional district in the Democratic primary.[3] Washington had come under fire for opposing several projects that would have benefited the Houston area.[6] Jackson Lee defeated Washington 63%-37%.[7] The victory was tantamount to election in this heavily Democratic, black-majority district. In the general election, she defeated Republican nominee Jerry Burley 73%-24%.[8]

1996-2008

During this time period, Jackson Lee was never challenged in the Democratic primary. In addition, she won re-election with at least 76% of the vote.[9]

See also: United States House of Representatives elections in Texas, 2010#District 18

For the first time in her congressional career, Jackson Lee was challenged in the Democratic primary; her opponents were Houston City Councilmember Jarvis Johnson and Sean Roberts. She defeated them 67%-28%-5%.[10]

It was reported that in October 2010 Jackson Lee was “asking the Department of Justice to investigate whether tea party groups are intimidating black and Hispanic voters in her district.” She requested that Attorney General Eric Holder send poll monitors to make sure that a local group wasn't stopping people from voting.[11]

She won the general election with 70% of the vote, the lowest winning percentage of her career.[12]

In 2012, Jackson Lee was not challenged in the Democratic primary and won the general election with 75% of the vote. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheila_Jackson-Lee

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2014, 06:36:31 pm »
Not sure about life long but long time for sure! The fellow who came closest was a long time resident of the district, was black, and had the wherewithal to self finance a substantial campaign.  More recently a white man by the name of John Faulk tired and failed as well.

In 1994, Jackson Lee ran for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives, challenging four-term incumbent U.S. Congressman Craig Washington of the Houston-based Texas' 18th congressional district in the Democratic primary.[3] Washington had come under fire for opposing several projects that would have benefited the Houston area.[6] Jackson Lee defeated Washington 63%-37%.[7] The victory was tantamount to election in this heavily Democratic, black-majority district. In the general election, she defeated Republican nominee Jerry Burley 73%-24%.[8]

1996-2008

During this time period, Jackson Lee was never challenged in the Democratic primary. In addition, she won re-election with at least 76% of the vote.[9]

See also: United States House of Representatives elections in Texas, 2010#District 18

For the first time in her congressional career, Jackson Lee was challenged in the Democratic primary; her opponents were Houston City Councilmember Jarvis Johnson and Sean Roberts. She defeated them 67%-28%-5%.[10]

It was reported that in October 2010 Jackson Lee was “asking the Department of Justice to investigate whether tea party groups are intimidating black and Hispanic voters in her district.” She requested that Attorney General Eric Holder send poll monitors to make sure that a local group wasn't stopping people from voting.[11]

She won the general election with 70% of the vote, the lowest winning percentage of her career.[12]

In 2012, Jackson Lee was not challenged in the Democratic primary and won the general election with 75% of the vote. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheila_Jackson-Lee

Thanks for the stats.  How utterly depressing.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2014, 10:05:14 pm »
Have you got a website to link to on this?

I watched the discussion live on Wilkow last night.   They replayed it this last hour... the lawyer on worked as assistant council to Bush when he was President.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2014, 10:07:03 pm »
Nope, sure couldn't!!  And that tailor made district is just one of way too many!!  Likely a large part of the reason that incumbents are so hard to unseat...

No different than Pelosi's SF district.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2014, 10:23:44 pm »
Can't trash females on this website, so just imagine the worst thing you can think of  and that's what I'd like to post.

You'd call her Sheila Jackson-Lee?

You horrid, horrid man.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2014, 10:30:02 pm »

I love this.

I just don't know that Boehner can dance like that bear.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2014, 11:15:01 pm »

(A) That would require actual work, and (B) SJL isn't about to give up her place at the trough.

Again, she can talk all she wants but in this reality, she and her ilk can do very little else.