Author Topic: Federal judge rules drivers allowed to flash headlights to warn of speed traps  (Read 454 times)

Offline DCPatriot

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades.

Offline Rapunzel

cool.......

Offline happyg

I flash my headlights for drivers. I was taught that cops are on the roads to show their presence so that people will slow down. Flashing headlights slows them down. I'm doing the cops a service. Of course, they are hypocrites and like to give tickets, but to hell with them.

Online aligncare

Speeding tickets are a revenue stream. Nothing less.

Offline DCPatriot

I flash my headlights for drivers. I was taught that cops are on the roads to show their presence so that people will slow down. Flashing headlights slows them down. I'm doing the cops a service. Of course, they are hypocrites and like to give tickets, but to hell with them.

As far as I'm concerned, given the quantity of speed cameras in our jurisdiction...and red light camera....and lately "white line encroachment cameras at intersections",
they have no business being out there with radar on the side of the road.

Bassturds.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
If anyone thinks this is going to stop a cop from giving you a ticket, then you're more stoned than I am.

Tell a cop about a federal judge in Missouri while he's writing the ticket and he will laugh at you, and tell you, "Tell it to the judge, bub."

"BTW", he will ask, "Why are you holding your butt cheeks so tight?" "What are you hiding?"

And of course they are always going to ask if you happen to have a dog in the car or at home, while reaching for their pistol. 
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.

Online aligncare

Offline DCPatriot

Offline raml

California twice sent me notices of parking tickets for cities me nor my car had never even been in. I had to send proof that I had been working that day and that my car was my only transportation and that no one else had it that day. I lived 25 miles from work so had to have transportation no buses could have gotten me to work you needed a vehicle. That is the only state that I lived in that tried that little scam. My children were grown at the time and my 3 boys were in the service stationed all over the world and my daughter lived in Michigan and I never ever lent my car to anyone else ever. Once the description of the car didn't match the license plate and since me and only me had that plate on my vehicle not the one described and had since it had been made you would have thought they would have checked out things better when they discovered this instead of issuing a ticket first but California is the stupidest state in this country. The meter maids must of course made a stupid mistake on the plate number typical of California state employees.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf