Author Topic: UN demands the Vatican 'removes' all known or suspected paedophiles and hand over its archives on abuse so culprits can be held to account  (Read 881 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2552148/UN-demands-Vatican-removes-known-suspected-paedophiles.html

The United Nations has demanded that the Vatican 'immediately remove' all clergy who are known or suspected child abusers and turn them over to civil authorities, in an unprecedented and scathing report.

The U.N. watchdog for children's rights said the Holy See should also hand over its archives on sexual abuse of tens of thousands of children so that culprits, as well as 'those who concealed their crimes', could be held accountable.

The watchdog's exceptionally blunt paper - the most far-reaching critique of the Church hierarchy by the world body - followed its public grilling of Vatican officials last month.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

The U.N.'s authority here is ... what?

None.  The UN has no jurisdiction over the Vatican or any other sovereign nation.

The UN is an organization that counts, as Marco Rubio just said in an editorial, "serial abusers and murderers of men, women, and children as members of its Commission on Human Rights. It has been unable to slow North Korea and Iran’s march toward nuclear weapons. It has proven feckless in its ability to prevent atrocities in places like Syria. It has routinely given a platform for state sponsors of terrorism to successfully condemn Israel. Its own “peacekeepers” have committed crimes against women around the world."

Clean up your own house, you perfumed princes.  You're a running joke.............
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mountaineer

Clean up your own house, you perfumed princes.  You're a running joke.............
Exactly right.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

Surely they will "demand" the same of Islam where pedophilia is SOP. :whistle:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I want my Church cleaning of these foul people. But the UN getting involved?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
What this is really about is forcing the church to approve of birth control, abortion, and homosexuality.  The UN is also demanding that the church "change canon law" on these issues.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
What this is really about is forcing the church to approve of birth control, abortion, and homosexuality.  The UN is also demanding that the church "change canon law" on these issues.

Yep. I'm catching up, was asleep most of the day, and just saw the other article posted.

May His Holiness bless the UN using the middle finger on each hand.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

May His Holiness bless the UN using the middle finger on each hand.

That gesture does have another name, you know.  On one of my transits to SE Asia the C.O. asked for a thousand volunteers to come to fly deck to give the "international sign of peace" to a TU-95 which was approaching to do some recon.  So one of the pictures they took back to Russia was a flight deck full of American sailors flipping them off.