Author Topic: John Boehner: 'Increase the Debt Ceiling'  (Read 3491 times)

Offline flowers

John Boehner: 'Increase the Debt Ceiling'
« on: February 05, 2014, 05:36:58 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/02/05/Boehner-The-Goal-Here-Is-to-Increase-the-Debt-Ceiling

With just two days before America hits the debt ceiling deadline, Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) announced on Tuesday his desire to raise it.

"The goal here is to increase the debt ceiling," said Boehner. "Nobody wants to default on our debt."

Treasury Secretary Jack Lew says the nation will hit its debt limit this Friday, February 7th.

"While we're doing this we ought to do something about the jobs and the economy," said Boehner.

Boehner said Republicans have discussed several options for receiving concessions for a debt limit increase but that "no decisions have been made."

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: John Boehner: 'Increase the Debt Ceiling'
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 05:47:14 pm »
Again, take notice that this argument will be over the length of time to grant an unlimited amount of borrowing, and not a specific dollar amount.  That is what the Administration has fought for every time.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 09:25:35 pm »
I freaking detest the weak-livered coward speaker.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 03:09:50 am »
I freaking detest the weak-livered coward speaker.

I hate to say this, but it is kinda hard to get a lot done, when you control only 1/3 of the Government.. Besides I don't think a default would be a good idea imho.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 03:11:25 am »
I hate to say this, but it is kinda hard to get a lot done, when you control only 1/3 of the Government.. Besides I don't think a default would be a good idea imho.

The only way we default is if Obama wants to default. We take in enough money to pay our bills.  The GOP is no more thrifty than the Democrats.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline evadR

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 03:23:59 am »
The only way we default is if Obama wants to default. We take in enough money to pay our bills.  The GOP is no more thrifty than the Democrats.
W O R D
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 03:31:27 am »

Who here thinks the debt ceiling wouldn't be raised?

Tea Partiers are so myopic, living as they do in a parallel universe. 

Why in hell would the GOP give Obama the political advantage over something that IS GOING TO HAPPEN ANYWAY??????
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 03:52:44 am »

No one, man. Not a single soul.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 03:55:22 am »

Tea Partiers are so myopic, living as they do in a parallel universe. 

Why in hell would the GOP give Obama the political advantage over something that IS GOING TO HAPPEN ANYWAY??????

W O R D   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 04:01:50 am »

You heard Mr. Boehner himself admit and take responsibility for the shutdown....when it was only because Obama refused to negotiate one iota.

Boehner puts in on the record that if they wouldn't have asked for [fill in the freaking blank], the shutdown wouldn't have occurred.

See how that works?  [/s]   

Of course you do. 

The best think the GOP can do right now is to give Barry the keys to the Porsche....and let's see what November wrought
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 04:35:35 am »
The best think the GOP can do right now is to give Barry the keys to the Porsche....and let's see what November wrought

Exactly.  The GOP should formally reprove Obama for his spendthrift waste of American taxpayers' money, and then give him enough rope to hang himself with; it's about time the GOP stopped hanging themselves with the rope.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 05:42:01 am »
Exactly.  The GOP should formally reprove Obama for his spendthrift waste of American taxpayers' money, and then give him enough rope to hang himself with; it's about time the GOP stopped hanging themselves with the rope.

yet they are trying to do just that by pushing amnesty.

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 05:43:07 am »

yet they are trying to do just that by pushing amnesty.

Nope.  Playing gestapo to "secure" the borders is the rope there.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 07:37:47 am »
Again, take notice that this argument will be over the length of time to grant an unlimited amount of borrowing, and not a specific dollar amount.  That is what the Administration has fought for every time.

I like your avatar.  Very cool album.

Offline evadR

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 02:19:33 pm »
Don't go to war unless you're prepared to win.

This is the problem with Boner...he never wins, always folds. So yes, if that's the strategy, let the rats run wild.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Relic

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 02:35:06 pm »
Nope.  Playing gestapo to "secure" the borders is the rope there.

And yet, it's something they could table and not deal with.

I think, in spite of the message from the liberal elite, the media, and the chamber of commerce, that most Americans understand securing the border isn't being the gestapo, and isn't extreme. 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 10:11:29 pm »
And yet, it's something they could table and not deal with.

I think, in spite of the message from the liberal elite, the media, and the chamber of commerce, that most Americans understand securing the border isn't being the gestapo, and isn't extreme.

It's really curious that any conservative would be in favor of amnesty when stats and even the Chamber all admit this will do nothing but strengthen the Democratic party and make this a one-party country without even a semblence of a Republican opposition party.  Now, if I was really a Democrat I'd think this was great, but then even a Democrat might want to ask his or herself why we are so insistent into turning this formerly GREAT country into a third world country like Mexico with extreme rich and extreme poor and no in between rampant crime and filth in their cities.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 11:10:16 pm »
It's really curious that any conservative would be in favor of amnesty when stats and even the Chamber all admit this will do nothing but strengthen the Democratic party and make this a one-party country without even a semblence of a Republican opposition party.  Now, if I was really a Democrat I'd think this was great, but then even a Democrat might want to ask his or herself why we are so insistent into turning this formerly GREAT country into a third world country like Mexico with extreme rich and extreme poor and no in between rampant crime and filth in their cities.

To steal an old joke: "I don't like spreading gossip, but what else do you do with it?"

Illegals are a fact. They exist. What do you do with them?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2014, 11:12:49 pm »
To steal an old joke: "I don't like spreading gossip, but what else do you do with it?"

You don't give them welfare and deny benefits we have promised our veterans who fought for this country. Illegals are stealing from this country.

Oceander

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2014, 11:24:09 pm »

A very good question, and one to which none of the "secure the border" types can give a detailed answer.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2014, 11:27:10 pm »
You deny them employment in the US.  You deny them welfare in the US.  You do away with Anchor Babies.   Come here legally and then you can work here, but no welfare.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2014, 11:46:45 pm »
You deny them employment in the US.  You deny them welfare in the US.  You do away with Anchor Babies.   Come here legally and then you can work here, but no welfare.

That is your killer. I know historically a child born in a nation is a national of that nation. A kid born on an Air Pakistan flight is Pakistani, for example, since an aircraft is considered sovereign territory.

Cut that out. If the parents are there legally - fine. The kid is American and deserves to be treated as such. If they are there illegally - hell no.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2014, 12:58:18 am »

Offline Relic

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2014, 02:46:55 pm »
A very good question, and one to which none of the "secure the border" types can give a detailed answer.

How is it that you can make a sweeping generalization while confusing two separate issues? That requires some serious effort, I hope you didn't hurt yourself.

I am a "secure the border" type. Let's use the well worn plumbing analog. I'm for fixing the faucet BEFORE I begin to mop up the water.

Let's make a real, rational attempt to secure the border. It can be done, and yes, there will still be illegals, but you can significantly slow the flow.

What to do with those here? That's where it gets sticky. I'm not in favor of mass deportation. Those people were lured here, and came because of promises. I think there should be a system, if you've been here, for sake of argument over 10 years, path to citizenship. Less than 10 but more than 5, path, plus fine if you want to stay. Less than 5, delayed path, plus fine.

To be honest, if someone is here, working, trying to get by, I'm ok with giving them a path to citizenship. What I want most is to slow the flow, and stiffen the penalties to the Chamber of commerce members who lure and hire illegals.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2014, 02:48:49 pm »
The Dims may have the donkey, but we've got a crying Jackass.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee