Author Topic: First on CNN: Conservative group pushes to topple GOP leaders in Congress  (Read 556 times)

Offline Carling

Well there is a waste of money.  How about defeating Dems in vulnerable districts instead of nuking you own party?  I have to think that Dem money is behind this ruse.   :thud:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/02/04/first-on-cnn-conservative-group-pushes-to-topple-gop-leaders-in-congress/comment-page-1/

First on CNN: Conservative group pushes to topple GOP leaders in Congress

Washington (CNN) - A conservative group is launching a new campaign which calls on "the GOP leadership in both the House and the Senate to step aside."

ForAmerica told CNN that it's putting six figures behind its "Dump the Leadership" campaign between now and November's leadership elections.

The group says that its digital ads will target House Speaker John Boehner, Majority Leader Eric Cantor and Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy, as well as Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Minority Whip John Cornyn, and the group adds that the first paid spots are now up online.

"Time and again, year after year, the Republican leadership in the House and Senate has come to grassroots conservatives, and Tea Party supporters pleading for our money, our volunteers, our time, our energy and our votes," said ForAmerica Chairman Brent Bozell in a statement to CNN. "In return they have repeatedly promised not just to stop the liberal assault on our freedoms and our national treasury, but to advance our conservative agenda. It's been years. There is not a single conservative accomplishment this so-called 'leadership' can point to."

ForAmerica, which describes itself as "an online army of over 4.5 million people," is a conservative non-profit group which has often criticized congressional GOP leaders.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: First on CNN: Conservative group pushes to topple GOP leaders in Congress
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 05:04:15 am »
How about we get rid of these fossils who have become nothing but D.C. insiders and only care about their own fortunes?

Democrat fossils aren't going anywhere because they're in safe districts, but we can get rid of Republican fossils for once.

But since you seem to prefer the GOP-e and it's continual leftward slide, I'm not surprised you'd rather keep all of them in power while they screw the country over with things like amnesty.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 05:34:06 am »
Not a single Republican has voted for Obama care, the number one issue.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Carling

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 05:53:08 am »
How about we get rid of these fossils who have become nothing but D.C. insiders and only care about their own fortunes?

Democrat fossils aren't going anywhere because they're in safe districts, but we can get rid of Republican fossils for once.

But since you seem to prefer the GOP-e and it's continual leftward slide, I'm not surprised you'd rather keep all of them in power while they screw the country over with things like amnesty.

I support reality, and beating Dems over the head with ObamaCare is reality.  Huge gains for the GOP should be the goal right now, and let Barry try to legislate by his pen.  Instead, we get media people like Brett Bozell to raise money for a PAC that actually hinders that cause.  Spending conservative money on defeating Boehner, Cantor, and Ryan in primaries seems silly to me.  It's why we're called the Party of Stupid.

I like Brett Bozell, by the way, and his mediabusters site was very important in the early '00s before most people could figure out that the media was biased. 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 05:55:35 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 09:45:59 am »
I support reality, and beating Dems over the head with ObamaCare is reality.  Huge gains for the GOP should be the goal right now, and let Barry try to legislate by his pen.  Instead, we get media people like Brett Bozell to raise money for a PAC that actually hinders that cause.  Spending conservative money on defeating Boehner, Cantor, and Ryan in primaries seems silly to me.  It's why we're called the Party of Stupid.

I like Brett Bozell, by the way, and his mediabusters site was very important in the early '00s before most people could figure out that the media was biased.

That money was never going to get to the RNC...which is doing great http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/rnc-dnc-fundraising-2013-102968.html ...

If ForAmerica wasn't collecting the money it would go to the equally anti GOPe Senate Conservative Fund or FreedomWorks or Club For Growth.  They all have their hand out with the promise that they will duplicate the last mid term election by defeating elected Republicans.

Looking at their FEC filings I think their influence is waning. see my posts here http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,128464.0.html
I think it's great there is another group out there to draw from the same pool of donors.