Author Topic: Sotomayor: Calling immigrants ‘illegal’ is insulting…  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Sotomayor: Calling immigrants ‘illegal’ is insulting…
« on: February 05, 2014, 03:25:55 am »
http://therightscoop.com/sotomayor-calling-immigrants-illegal-is-insulting/

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 at 11:07 AM in Politics | 203 Comments
By The Right Scoop

They violate our laws by coming here illegally and one of our Supreme Court Justices thinks that calling them ‘illegal aliens’ is insulting? Ugh. They aren’t less worthy human beings – that’s a preposterous statement. But they are less worthy of citizenship because they broke our laws to come here illegally.

CBS DC – On the Supreme Court since 2009, Sotomayor said it was tough at first as justices made references that went over her head. She said joining the high court amounted to joining an ongoing conversation among justices who had served for years.

“I figure I may not be the smartest judge on the court but I’m going to be a competent justice,” she said. “I’m going to try to be the best I can and each year I think my opinions have been getting better. And I’m working at finding my voice a little bit.”

Sotomayor was asked at a talk at Yale Law School later in the day about her use of the term “undocumented immigrants” rather than the traditional illegal alien. Sotomayor characterized the issue as a regulatory problem and said labeling immigrants criminals seemed insulting to her.

“I think people then paint those individuals as something less than worthy human beings and it changes the conversation,” Sotomayor said.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

Re: Sotomayor: Calling immigrants ‘illegal’ is insulting…
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 03:37:40 am »
She can call them whatever she likes, but they are still here illegally and so are illegals.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 03:44:39 am »
Why not call them illegal settlers? Seems to be fine to use that for people on the West Bank ....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 03:53:24 am »
Just another example of how America is becoming a nation of no laws.

Instead of the rule of law, we now have 'dictates' and 'fiats', some of which are ad hoc on the spur of the moment, or based solely on some single judge's opinion, even if they overturn a legitimate public vote, and the expressed will of the American people.

Why do we even have 'laws' anymore, if they can be changed or amended in a moment, and can be applied differently to this person or that person based on the preference of a judge? We no longer have laws in the traditional sense, we now have 'rulers' who tell us what to do, what to eat, what to believe, and what to think, regardless of our own will and opinion.

We are becoming the same kind of police state that exists all over the world. A state where everything is 'illegal' until a judge rules that it is not. And, we are all criminals until we can prove we are not, depending on the whim of some person in a position of authority, and depending on your race, wealth, sexual preference, etcetera, etcetera, etc...

But one fact we know for certain about American Law, is that if you are White, you are screwed. White people are presumed 'guilty'. Black people and other minorities are presumed to be victims, innocent, no matter what they do, or what 'laws' they break. This is the most profound injustice and absurdity of the America legal system, as Sotomayor so adequately pointed out.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline evadR

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 04:18:41 am »
illegal alien works for me
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 04:31:43 am »
I guess we could revert to "wetback" if she doesn't like the term illegal.

After all, even the federal government used to call them that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 01:17:04 pm »
You can call them a ham sandwich, but they're still lawbreakers.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 03:57:44 pm »
Let's call them colonial imperialists who are trying to colonize America and dispatch the natives.  That would get 0bama's attention right away.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline happyg

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 04:03:37 pm »
Let's call them colonial imperialists who are trying to colonize America and dispatch the natives.  That would get 0bama's attention right away.

:silly: It's really not funny! The truth hurts and we know how Obummer hates colonial imperialists!

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 04:30:54 pm »
Its insulting to call her a "justice" of the Supreme Court and is impartial when it comes to the law. :3:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 06:04:01 pm »
Invading the country and taking jobs away from people who desperately need them is what's insulting, Ms. Wise Latina.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 06:46:56 pm »

:amen: :silly:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 07:24:35 pm »
Pretending they are not illegal is outrageous

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 08:37:15 pm »

OK then, we'll call them wetbacks, or we can use mojado if you prefer it in Spanish.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 08:56:08 pm »
I agree with Mark Levin - term limits for the SCOTUS
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 04:06:44 am »
Justice Sonja may have the right to issue her own "opinions", but she does not have the right to her own set of facts...

(apologies to Daniel Patrick Moynihan)