Author Topic: EXPOSED: Coca Cola’s Super Bowl Commercial Was A Stealth Push For Amnesty By Its Muslim CEO  (Read 685 times)

Offline happyg

Screenshot from Forbes

Flashbacks, 2013: Coca Cola’s Muslim CEO Writes Op-Ed Pushing ‘Immigration Reform’ – Huffington Post, Forbes List Coke As Top Amnesty Supporter

Coca Cola has been on a major amnesty push for at least a year in the hopes that it can obtain cheap labor. And because its CEO Muhtar Kent is a Muslim who was raised in places like Iran and Indonesia, perhaps for even more sinister reasons. Regardless, this push makes it very clear that the Super Bowl ad was 100% political, designed to influence public opinion, propagandizing the people in favor of immigration ahead of the coming amnesty battle in congress. Muhtar is engaging in the amnesty war just like Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg is. And I’d be curious to know just how much of his salary and Coke’s profits go to Muslim “charities” that are really fronts for terrorist organizations, as most Muslim “charities” are.

Background: Coca-Cola Super Bowl Ad Stirs Controversy With Multilingual Singing Of ‘America The Beautiful’

Related - WATCH – Beck: Coke’s Super Bowl Ad Was An Effort To Demonize Those Opposed To Progressive Immigration Agenda As ‘Racist’

February 28, 2013 editorial in USA Today by Coca Cola CEO Muhtar Kent, entitled “Immigration Reform Good For Business”:  Though I’m not an immigrant, I’ve lived certain aspects of the immigrant experience. I was born in New York City when my father was serving as Turkey’s consul general. As he assumed other diplomatic posts, our family lived in Thailand, Poland, Iran, India and elsewhere. In 1978, I returned to New York with a British university degree and a birth certificate in my pocket. A newspaper help-wanted ad led me to a job riding red route trucks and delivering the beverages of The Coca-Cola Co. to retail outlets. I immediately fell in love with the company and my birthplace. I chose to make my life in this country. Being a U.S. citizen by birth, I was fortunate to have that choice.

Many others would like to have the same choice. But they can’t come to America unless they are willing to wade through a daunting bureaucracy, deal with outdated regulations or, when all else fails, enter the shadowy world of undocumented status.

I was lucky

That’s one reason I support immigration reform. As a first-generation American, I know firsthand the blessings of living in this country. As a business leader, I also know we need to make it easier for committed, highly skilled people to make their lives and livelihoods here. Immigration is an essential part of the growth calculus for this great country.

Nearly half of Fortune 500 companies were started by immigrants or their children. Last year, three-quarters of patents coming out of our 10 top research universities were granted to immigrants.

As Washington grapples with much-needed immigration reform, my hope is that our leaders focus on creating a modern system with rational laws and regulations, strong border controls, greater opportunities for skilled foreign-born professionals and a clear way forward for undocumented workers — a potential route to U.S. citizenship that bears all the rights, responsibilities and obligations of that coveted status.

A half-century ago, a young chemist came to this country from his native Cuba with little more than $40 and an American college degree. In time, Roberto Goizueta would become chairman of The Coca-Cola Co., creating thousands of new jobs and billions of dollars of shareholder value. Today, we should do everything we can to welcome and retain young people like Roberto.

As we do, we should remember that immigration is not just an American issue. On the contrary, it is a global issue. But the U.S. clearly has a leadership opportunity to promote immigration reform beyond our own borders. For the sake of our economy and the global economy, this leadership cannot come fast enough.

More at link: http://patdollard.com/2014/02/flashback-2013-coca-cola-ceo-writes-op-ed-pushing-immigration-reform/

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Global consumer sales corporations with more than half their sales outside the USA find it in their best interest to support any policy that redistributes wealth from rich countries to poor countries.  That is why so many of them support initiatives like amnesty and global warming.  Big business likes big government to impose policies that erect barriers to entry and change the rules of the game to favor them.  That is one major reason we should oppose big government.

Oceander

Global consumer sales corporations with more than half their sales outside the USA find it in their best interest to support any policy that redistributes wealth from rich countries to poor countries.  That is why so many of them support initiatives like amnesty and global warming.  Big business likes big government to impose policies that erect barriers to entry and change the rules of the game to favor them.  That is one major reason we should oppose big government.

Absolutely.  And why republicans/conservatives should avoid like the plague policies that are designed to favor big business at the expense of small business.

That being said, trying to lock the borders against all would-be immigrants is simply stupid.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 02:02:07 am by Oceander »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

I don't believe this.  I believe they realize they're a global conglomerate.  If they're going to spend a gazillion $$$ for 30 seconds of exposure, you may as well get the most bang for the buck.

What I also believe is that they are stoking the story to incite one of "those" crazy right-wingers to say or do something bigoted.

You cannot boycott Coca-Cola. You'd drive yourself insane.  They're in everything.  Not just soda pop.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lando Lincoln

My wife's niece posted this on Facebook:

She had the caption:
This meme is dedicated to all the racist bigots who are condemning Coca-Cola for singing 'America the Beautiful' in a multitude of languages (You might want to take a seat for this one):...

So, I posted this:
Katherine Lee Bates was a life-long Republican who supported the Democratic candidate for President, John W. Davis, in the 1924 elections because Calvin Coolidge opposed the formation of the League of Nations. Interestingly, John W. Davis was a proponent of race segregation. He even argued against integration in Briggs v. Elliot, a companion Supreme Court Case to Brown v. Board of Education.

Neither she nor her friends have commented.

Why do I post this here?  Because it is typical of the bending and distortion of history for an agenda.  All her friends were tripping over themselves about how the changes always come from liberals, etc. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Rapunzel

I see a lot of this sort of distortion on FB, Lando...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Lando Lincoln

I see a lot of this sort of distortion on FB, Lando...

Yes
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
If they had picked a different song, there probably would have been little if any dust up.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton