Author Topic: Israeli settlers mock Kerry’s peacemaking with spoof video  (Read 398 times)

Offline flowers

Israeli settlers mock Kerry’s peacemaking with spoof video
« on: February 04, 2014, 07:37:52 pm »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/10617149/Israeli-settlers-mock-Kerrys-peacemaking-with-spoof-video.html

Israel’s Yesha [settlers] Council has posted online a deliberately disrespectful spoof depicting America’s top diplomat - played by an actor resembling John Kerry - riding a camel and making a series of preposterous statements that belittle his understanding of the region’s complexities.

At one point, the Mr Kerry character is seen down-playing the importance of the Western Wall, one of the holiest sites in Judaism, in Jerusalem’s old city.

“Dividing Jerusalem is not an easy thing,” the actor says. “We must realise it is holy to all religions - Jews, Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Klingons and Hobbits. But what I’m saying is: ‘why fight over an old wall?’

I’ll build you a brand new wall, close to the beach.”

A woman with an American accent is then seen telling him: “I think you should go home, where you belong, and stay there.”

Offline mountaineer

Re: Israeli settlers mock Kerry’s peacemaking with spoof video
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 09:02:57 pm »
That sounds about right.   :nono:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org