Author Topic: Right Wing News Endorses Matt Bevin for Senate in Kentucky  (Read 1390 times)

Offline happyg

Right Wing News Endorses Matt Bevin for Senate in Kentucky
« on: February 04, 2014, 05:49:37 pm »
It’s bad enough that Mitch McConnell is a terrible leader in the Senate who regularly gets outmaneuvered by Harry Reid, but he’s also a lousy Senate candidate. In fact, the only reason the GOP is risking a Senate seat in a state Mitt Romney won by 22 points is because McConnell is so unpopular. Despite the fact that Matt Bevin has low name recognition, he’s already out-polling McConnell in a head-to-head race against Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes.
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell runs dead even with Democratic challenger Alison Lundergan Grimes in Rasmussen Reports’ first look at the 2014 U.S. Senate race in Kentucky. But McConnell’s GOP primary rival Matt Bevin leads Grimes by six points.

A new statewide telephone survey of Likely Kentucky Voters finds that McConnell and Grimes earn 42% support each. Six percent (6%) like some other candidate in the race, and 10% are undecided.
In a state where McConnell has almost universal name recognition, those are Todd Akinesque numbers. If Mitch McConnell stepped aside, Bevin would win the race in a walk. If Bevin stepped aside, a McConnell vs. Grimes race would essentially still be a coin flip. When Jim Bunning’s numbers were in the toilet, Mitch McConnell told him it was a waste of time to run and convinced him to step aside. Apparently no one has the chops to do the same thing to Mitch McConnell, despite the fact that even his own campaign manager said he was “sort of holding my nose” to work for him. When your own campaign manager doesn’t get excited about your race, it’s time to call it a career.

So, if your first concern is protecting that seat in Kentucky, you should want Mitch McConnell to step aside for the more electable candidate rather than trying to win a scorched earth primary that would be as likely as not to lead to his defeat in a general election.

Getting beyond that, Bevin is a more charismatic, conservative grassroots candidate. On a personal level, we’re talking about a veteran who has adopted four children and turned the Bevin Bros.’ bell company around.

Politically, he’s Tea Party-friendly. In fact, his spokeswoman Sarah Durand (whom  I know and consider a friend) is the former President of the Louisville Tea Party. Bevin also supported the defund fight, opposed the Senate immigration bill and was against Ryan-Murray.

Bevin has been endorsed by groups like the Senate Conservatives Fund, Gun Owners Of America, the Madison Project, and FreedomWorks. Right Wing News is proud to join those organizations in endorsing Matt Bevin. Matt Bevin can win both the primary and the general election and if he pulls it off, it would shake the GOP Establishment to its core. If you’re tired of being ignored, marginalized, and mistreated by Republicans in D.C. who believe you work for them, then this is a great race to use in order to send a message.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FdOM0ri_O-U

http://www.rightwingnews.com/column-2/right-wing-news-endorses-matt-bevin-for-senate-in-kentucky/

Offline MBB1984

Re: Right Wing News Endorses Matt Bevin for Senate in Kentucky
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 06:00:56 pm »
Sounds like an ideal man to replace McConnell.  McConnell is a poster child for term limits.

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 06:02:30 pm »
Sounds like an ideal man to replace McConnell.  McConnell is a poster child for term limits.

Did you notice that McConnell is even with a democrat? It doesn't look good for him.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 06:13:26 pm »
How come McConnell has double digits leads over Bevins in the two latest polls?

If he can't beat McConnell among Republicans, where are his votes coming from?  Democrats?

McConnell's been in close races before, and he's won every one of them. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 06:14:20 pm »
If McConnell were defeated it would send a massive shock wave through the GOPe.  I hope it happens for that reason alone.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 06:34:47 pm »
If McConnell were defeated it would send a massive shock wave through the GOPe.  I hope it happens for that reason alone.

Well, since John Cornyn stands next in line, it wouldn't be all bad to have him as Majority Leader next year.  But  McConnell's been counted out before..........
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 06:43:46 pm »
Well, since John Cornyn stands next in line, it wouldn't be all bad to have him as Majority Leader next year.  But  McConnell's been counted out before..........

I didn't say I thought it would happen, just that I'd like to see it happen.  I don't know enough about the race to make predictions, except to predict that the GOPe would get a much needed whiff of the disenfranchisement of the GOP base if McConnell were to lose.

Offline happyg

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 06:53:31 pm »
Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) is going to lose the general election in Kentucky and cost Republicans a critical U.S. Senate seat.

Mitch McConnell (R-KY)A new Rasmussen poll shows McConnell stuck in a 42% to 42% tie with Alison Lundergan Grimes(D-KY).

snip...

This is an extremely weak position for a Republican in Kentucky who is universally known, and it’s not likely to improve. More money has already been spent in favor of McConnell and against Grimes yet McConnell remains frozen in the low 40s.

This is exactly why we have been calling on him to retire for over a year.

If Mitch McConnell is the Republican nominee, he  will lose the general election and cost Republicans the seat.

snip...
That’s the bad news, but here’s the good news.

Matt Bevin (R-KY)The Rasmussen poll also shows that McConnell’s primary challenger, conservative Matt Bevin (R-KY), leads Alison Lundergan Grimes by 6 points!!

That’s right. Bevin leads Grimes 40% to 34%. And there’s more.

Unlike Mitch McConnell who is known by everyone and has no room to grow, Matt Bevin is still unknown by 42% of voters and will continue to rise in the polls as more people learn about him.

Full article at link: http://beforeitsnews.com/election-2012/2014/02/new-poll-spells-trouble-for-mitch-mcconnell-2450966.html

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 07:02:34 pm »
Interesting.  Kentucky has closed primaries so I would think that would mitigate the crossovers?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 07:05:47 pm »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Olivia

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 07:32:17 pm »
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wow!  Would love to see it happen.  In my state, hope they send Kay Hagan home, also.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline happyg

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 07:36:23 pm »
Wow!  Would love to see it happen.  In my state, hope they send Kay Hagan home, also.

I hope we get rid of a lot of them, but the big one is to get rid of democrats! I'll take a rino over Obama or Hillary, but pray for a conservative over a rino.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 07:44:07 pm »
I hope we get rid of a lot of them, but the big one is to get rid of democrats! I'll take a rino over Obama or Hillary, but pray for a conservative over a rino.

Agreed!   :amen:
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 07:48:12 pm »
Interesting.  Kentucky has closed primaries so I would think that would mitigate the crossovers?

They are closed primaries, it's the only reason I'm keeping my Republican registration - so I can vote AGAINST Mitch McConnell!

I don't understand the poll results though.  A race between Bevins and Grimes has less voter participation than one between McConnell and Grimes, with both losing votes, but Grimes losing more Democrats.  I would think Democrats in the state would be more motivated to vote if McConnell was knocked out in the primaries.  I wonder if Dems are manipulating the poll to make Kentuckians think Mitch can't win and to throw their support to Bevins? 

I don't put any slimy thing past these people and I know that Kentucky's Senate seat is in the crosshairs now because of Mitch's unpopularity. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 07:48:23 pm »

Kay Hagan is a democrat and Obamacare supporter so I think she WILL loose. What Victor is talking about however is the message a Mitch McConnell loss would send the GOPe! He's right about that and if Texas sends John Cornyn packing as well the earth will truly shake!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 07:54:56 pm »
I've watched Bevins interviews, he is a well-spoken conservative.  McConnell does lead by double digits, however his lead has dropped over 20 points since he came out trashing conservatives. 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Olivia

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 08:15:13 pm »
I've watched Bevins interviews, he is a well-spoken conservative.  McConnell does lead by double digits, however his lead has dropped over 20 points since he came out trashing conservatives.

Can someone tell me what these "established republicans" have against conservatives? 
It doesn't make sense!   :pondering:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 08:19:56 pm »
Can someone tell me what these "established republicans" have against conservatives? 

OH yes it does when viewed from their prospective! It makes all the sense in the world!

If actual conservatives every manage to get control in Washington their inside the beltway game comes to a screeching halt and they know it! No more siphoning off  billions of $ into their cronies pockets etc etc.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline happyg

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 08:21:18 pm »

My view is that the 'established republicans' think they are conservative enough to get by. They believe anyone more conservative than they are, are either radical, or not compromising enough to suit them. They lack commitment to their values, or what the claim as values. How can you be anti immigration, and make concessions for illegal aliens? How can you hate ACA, and allow it to continue? How can you be pro 2nd Amendment, and being amenable to new gun laws?

Many republicans think we are radicals?  Conservatives stand by the Constitution, and that is not being radical. They are radicals for venturing so far from the Constitution.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2014, 08:28:35 pm »
My view is that the 'established republicans' think they are conservative enough to get by. They believe anyone more conservative than they are, are either radical, or not compromising enough to suit them. They lack commitment to their values, or what the claim as values. How can you be anti immigration, and make concessions for illegal aliens? How can you hate ACA, and allow it to continue? How can you be pro 2nd Amendment, and being amenable to new gun laws?

Many republicans think we are radicals?  Conservatives stand by the Constitution, and that is not being radical. They are radicals for venturing so far from the Constitution.

I'll guarantee you that anyone in Washington who stands on Constitutional principals when casting his vote at all times will be labeled  an extreme radical very quickly!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Olivia

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 08:46:51 pm »
OH yes it does when viewed from their prospective! It makes all the sense in the world!

If actual conservatives every manage to get control in Washington their inside the beltway game comes to a screeching halt and they know it! No more siphoning off  billions of $ into their cronies pockets etc etc.

It's a known fact that most of Washington is corrupt and getting worse by the year. 
How most of our "leaders" become millionaires just by serving in Congress.
It's shocking how the American people let it happen.