Author Topic: Embattled IRS plans employee bonuses for 2013 work to ‘boost morale’  (Read 930 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
By Stephen Dinan-The Washington Times Monday, February 3, 2014

Citing the need to boost employee morale, the Internal Revenue Service’s new commissioner said Monday that he will pay out millions of dollars in bonuses to agency employees, reversing a decision his predecessor made to save money amid the sequester budget cuts and other belt-tightening last year.

The agency remains under fire for targeting tea party groups, but Commissioner John Koskinen said the bonuses are needed to retain and attract good employees in a time of cutbacks.

“This is money best spent on our existing employees,” he said in an email to agency employees. “The performance award payouts are in recognition of that great work done in very trying circumstances. I firmly believe that this investment in our employees will directly benefit taxpayers and the tax system.”

The move didn’t sit well with congressional critics who have been stupefied by the agency’s targeting of tea party groups and, more recently, proposed rules to crack down on an even broader class of political activities by tax-exempt groups.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/feb/3/embattled-irs-plans-employees-bonuses-2013-work/

You can't make this crap up if you wanted to. Obama blames Fox News for scandals and then they put the final nail in the coffin and have an Obama donor investigate NO WRONG DOING what a shocker and not only do they not fire anyone but they give them bonuses!

WTF!

Oh and they cite the bonuses for last years past work!
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
yah...IRS has also announced that they well need three weeks to process your E-File from the day you file it.  Not sure why since in the past they always processed E-Files in about a week...

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
yah...IRS has also announced that they well need three weeks to process your E-File from the day you file it.  Not sure why since in the past they always processed E-Files in about a week...

Is this new since they delayed accepting to 31 Jan.?

I am hearing a lot of hard working folks...AKA non fat cats that file and usually get a thousand or so refund and a couple hundred from the state are now owing or getting maybe 100 back.

WTF is going on?

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Is this new since they delayed accepting to 31 Jan.?

I am hearing a lot of hard working folks...AKA non fat cats that file and usually get a thousand or so refund and a couple hundred from the state are now owing or getting maybe 100 back.

WTF is going on?

Yep, new this year.  No idea why.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Watch Holder's reply carefully. The dirty rat progressive communists have regulated America to death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMnsPrLEcaY

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: the last video. NOTICE Holder does not cite the law/new regulation he is talking about...

SEARCH the terms

DOJ regulated statute that defines independent investigation

You get nada.

WTF?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 12:52:18 pm by Gazoo »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Yep, new this year.  No idea why.
I heard all of what you are saying as well but can't find it on their page?

http://www.irs.gov/

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Yep they started late this year.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/Free-File-Opens-Today,-Offers-Free-Tax-Prep-and-E-filing

The only thing I see different is gay couples stuff and a push for EIC for low incomes even if you don't have kids.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
I heard all of what you are saying as well but can't find it on their page?

http://www.irs.gov/

When you e-file a return you get a notice telling you it will take 21 days to process....

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: Embattled IRS plans employee bonuses for 2013 work to ‘boost morale’
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 01:36:24 pm »
When you e-file a return you get a notice telling you it will take 21 days to process....

That is plain nuts. They already delayed to add stuff. (Oh I also noticed they ask if you have health insurance.) It is scary. What did they do to the tax code? I suspect they take more of our money but no disclosure.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Embattled IRS plans employee bonuses for 2013 work to ‘boost morale’
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 02:58:14 pm »
We will never again be a truly free people for so long as we continue to abide the Marxist income tax and the IRS!

http://fairtax.org
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien