Author Topic: Black mob violence in Grand Rapids, Michigan  (Read 458 times)

rangerrebew

Black mob violence in Grand Rapids, Michigan
« on: February 04, 2014, 11:48:41 am »
Black Mob Violence in Grand Rapids

Posted By Colin Flaherty On February 4, 2014 @ 12:50 am In Daily Mailer,FrontPage | 3 Comments

Even after documenting more than a thousand cases of black mob violence over the last three years, I miss more than I get.

Like this episode of black mob violence from a college party in Grand Rapids, Michigan in 2012.  Police investigators told MLive.com it was one of the most “troubling” cases even “seasoned investigators” had ever seen.

It started off simply enough:  Five college kids living together in a big house near the campus had a party. No one remembers seeing the 14-year-old accomplice there. But he saw them. He waited until the lights went out to let his older crew members know the coast was clear.

It was 4 a.m.  Two of the mob knocked on the door. They said they had lost a wallet and asked if they could they come in and look for it.  Soon they were letting the other three members of their gang in the back door. Mlive.com picks up the story:

“Zachary Nedow teared up in court today as he recounted how armed robbers held a gun to his head, then raped his female friend in the same room of his Veto Street NW home. ‘She’s just screaming,’ Nedow testified today in court, choking up as he spoke. ‘She’s saying ‘no, no.’ They were just beating us senseless if we tried to move or struggle,’ he said.”

The perpetrators later said it was just supposed to be a home invasion robbery but became something much more dangerous. “The (white) rape victim testified the robbers told her to “spread them” before they struck her on the head and two assailants raped her. She also was forced to perform oral sex on two robbers.”

“I’m saying ‘no’ and crying,” she recounted, describing graphic details of being touched. “I said please don’t do this and he hit me over the head.”

“She said when she told one of the men that she would not perform oral sex, he “picked up my head and slammed it back down.””

Eventually four adults and one juvenile were arrested, tried and convicted. The adults will spend a minimum of 42 to 63 years in prison.

Prior to the crew pleading guilty, the wife of one of the assailants was quite indignant that anyone could think her husband capable of such a thing.

“Okay first off no PROOF has came back that any of them did any of that so until they find them guilty you should really keep your rude comments to yourself,” she told MLive.com “You guys are saying they deserve the death penalty for something you don’t even know is true or not. I’m Brandon Towns’ wife and I know that my husband is not guilty of this crime..I hope that when you guys read this you take the time to think about how your comments are affecting the families of these men and if you knew brandon you would know he would/could never do anything like this.”

Police believe Brandon and his mob had been terrorizing the area for months:  “Police now think the suspects are responsible for other crimes in Kent County, including church burglaries and other break-ins,” said MLive.com.

At least one reader thought so as well:  “5 youths fitting this description attacked a party @ Western Michigan a few weeks ago and stomped a kids face in, probably the same crew,” said one reader after the initial arrest.

The crime is part of a pattern of racial violence documented in White Girl Bleed a Lot: The Return of Racial Violence to America and How the Media Ignore It.

The book captures more than 500 examples of black mob violence in more than 100 cities.  But like this Grand Rapids case, each episode often represents a lot of other crime that took place, but that was never reported to the police — or in the press.

Freedom Center pamphlets now available on Kindle: Click here.

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/colin-flaherty/black-mob-violence-in-grand-rapids/