Author Topic: Dow sinks 300-plus points  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Dow sinks 300-plus points
« on: February 03, 2014, 11:11:33 pm »
U.S. stocks were hammered on Monday, with benchmark indexes falling through key support levels after a gauge of factory activity disappointed, heightening concern about the economy before Friday's monthly jobs report.

Stocks had wavered ahead of the report that had U.S. manufacturing expanding at a substantially slower pace in January, driving overall factory activity to an eight-month low.

"A report like this scares people ahead of the payroll number on Friday," said Andres Garcia-Amaya, global market strategist at J.P. Morgan Funds, who added the report's soft new orders component was of particular concern.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101384540

In a normal world we would have the President address the nation at this point, to calm fears and lead....

How can progressives defend this? When we crash they will blame Bush while we all suffer.

It will be too late.  It will make the housing bubble look like Disney land with free food.

Someone needs to step up to a podium, anyone and stop this before it is too late. Hell, even TheDonald speaking up declaring emergent action would calm the storm. Meanwhile Christie the lardass stopped traffic and Romney has a horse.

Someone stop this crazy thing called Obama NOW! His answer to JOBS was to funnel OUR MONEY  to San Antonio to Castro- ain't that ironic! Amongst other Obama political pay-off cities.

Where are our leaders? EVERYONE with half a brain (screw the progressives) will listen if someone spoke up and said no more politics this stuff has to end...we have a incapacitated, non caring, sitting President that bullies and lies and provides aid and comfort and release to the enemy terrorists! His idea of a job is ACORN workers!!! Please dear God in Heaven send someone to speak up loud and clear!
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline musiclady

Re: Dow sinks 300-plus points
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 11:20:43 pm »
IF Obama says anything, it will be to spook the market even more.

He's hell-bent on the destruction of America, and it WILL happen.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 11:30:53 pm »
IF Obama says anything, it will be to spook the market even more.

He's hell-bent on the destruction of America, and it WILL happen.

You're correct Obama would make it worse but that's the point how is it that some do not see this? How are there some that think redistribution and nationalization will work, other then they are pure communist? It is like they are brainwashed under a sick spell.  These sick progressives are not the majority, even with the political arm of the IRS attacking Obama's opponents that once shellacked him! People are on to the media and their bias we need a strong leader to act quickly.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 11:31:16 pm by Gazoo »

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 11:38:30 pm »
I happen to speak to a dumbass northerner union democrat and he said that he does not want to discuss Obama but Hillary will save us all we need a woman President.

I wanted to vomit, my stomach churned literally. I told him about her lying to families at the memorial service for Benghazi and he was just silent. I told him he was a dumbass and Hillary is Obama 2.0, he was silent. I hung up.

The idiots think that pantsuits is a good thing. Just shoot me now.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 12:04:04 am »
I happen to speak to a dumbass northerner union democrat and he said that he does not want to discuss Obama but Hillary will save us all we need a woman President.

I wanted to vomit, my stomach churned literally. I told him about her lying to families at the memorial service for Benghazi and he was just silent. I told him he was a dumbass and Hillary is Obama 2.0, he was silent. I hung up.

I just got a Penny Press puzzle book, and one of the puzzles was glorifying Hillary.  A crossword puzzle, for heaven's sake!!

We are going to get a full court press, lying propaganda campaign from now until the election.

I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 12:22:35 am »
Relax. The market is merely doing the 10-15% correction which has been predicted and expected for weeks.

It is normal. Obama didn't do it. Rinos didn't do it. Try Fox Business News.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 12:41:31 am »
Relax. The market is merely doing the 10-15% correction which has been predicted and expected for weeks.

Yeah! RIGHT!

When this bottoms out the Dow will be somewhere around the 7000 region! 8500 max!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 12:51:17 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 01:03:42 am »

I was waiting for this comment...

I don't give a crap that we are not at the edge of the cliff, we are 3 feet from it and you can bet your sweet ass it will be Obama's fault.

If you wee being sarcastic, trolling- saying it is all normal, nothing to see, Obama didn't do it, watch Fox news -it was not comical at all.

Get 500 economic gurus to come in here and say all is well Obama didn't do this, he 'grows' lol jobs daily...all is well blah blah blah

I WILL STILL SAY, KATIE BAR THE DOOR.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 01:09:24 am »

I am tired of the glitter.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 01:54:21 am »

What's worse are the number of people willing to back her for no more reason than it is "her turn".

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 02:05:31 am »
What's worse are the number of people willing to back her for no more reason than it is "her turn".

Yet her biggest supporter Lanny Davis could not tell Hugh Hewitt one single solitary accomplishment in her political career - but he wants her as President.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 02:10:07 am »
Yet her biggest supporter Lanny Davis could not tell Hugh Hewitt one single solitary accomplishment in her political career - but he wants her as President.

First Secretary of State to use concussion as plausible deniablity?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 02:11:37 am »

Hillary Clinton is the erstwhile wife of a philandering impeached exPresident. That is her sole an only "qualification", if you want to call it that. Her time as a lawyer is potholed with corruption and legal questions and tangles.

How anyone can think she is 'qualified' to be Chief Executive Officer only based on the fact that she happened to marry a guy who became President, is beyond me. America today is crazy land.

So why didn't Barbara Bush become President? Why didn't Laura Bush become President? Ask this question to any Liberal and their head will explode. They will turn red, start screaming and yelling obscenities, and will tell you that you are crazy, and that is an absurd notion.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 11:14:19 am »
First Secretary of State to use concussion as plausible deniablity?

Quote of the year!

Also Add: First sitting President to use plausible deniability by saying Fox News makes things up and there is a VRWC.When AP, IRS,F&F, Benghazi are real and not phony scandals.

Obama has the nerve of the devil himself to say all are conspiracy at the same time.

BTW: re; Obama/BOR interview. Trey Gowdy calling for a special prosecutor for the IRS. This will only happen if the dems are shellacked in the midterms HOW SAD, it needs to happen now! If all of these scandals were under Dubya Bush, Dubya would be removed from office and crucified by now.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 12:54:23 pm »
Goldman to Fidelity Call for Calm After Global Stock Wipeout - Bloomberg
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-04/goldman-to-fidelity-call-for-calm-after-global-stock-wipeout.html