Author Topic: Ann Coulter's Grim Reality Check: My Friend's Sister Died Because of Obamacare  (Read 573 times)

Offline happyg

Emily Hulsey

We can complain until our faces turn blue, but it is harrowing stories like this that really drive home how dysfunctional our healthcare system is. On Saturday, a tweet from Ann Coulter revealed that her friend’s sister had passed away after putting off medical treatment while waiting to get ACA-approved health insurance:

Ann Coulter  @AnnCoulter 
Follow
My friend's sister died today because of Obamacare. Was thrown off insurance, waiting to get O-care, > septic shock, died at hospital.

3:25 PM - 1 Feb 2014
On an episode of Fox & Friends, Coulter explained further:
“This does have real world consequences: I got up the other morning and got an email from a friend saying, ‘My sister almost died because of Obamacare,’” Coulter said.

Coulter said the friend’s sister was kicked off her insurance when Blue Shield pulled out of California, put off going to emergency room despite having a fever because she didn’t have insurance, until she went into septic shock on Thursday. Over the weekend, the friend passed away.
When the hosts expressed their dismay at Coulter’s story, she pointed out that it really shouldn’t be that shocking, because Obamacare’s earliest critics predicted it would happen. Our thoughts and prayers are with Coulter’s friend’s family, as well as the countless others who are in similar situations.

Video at link:
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/02/112485-ann-coulters-grim-reality-check-friends-sister-died-obamacare/