Author Topic: Police: Gunman shoved gun in waistband, shot himself in testicles  (Read 544 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Can't stop laughing. Karma in action.

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/24591872/police-downtown-portland-gunman-shoved-gun-in-waistband-shot-himself-in-testicles

PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) -

A man police said is responsible for a shooting in a downtown parking lot ran from the scene, but shot himself in the testicles as he shoved the gun into his waistband Tuesday night.

Joseph Johnson, 40, has been released from the hospital and booked into the Multnomah County Jail on charges of first-degree robbery, second-degree assault and felon in possession of a firearm.

Robbery detectives said Johnson and the victim, 32-year-old Jordan Merrell, knew each other well and lived in the same apartment building near Southwest 10th Avenue and Columbia Street.

Johnson apparently confronted Merrell in the parking lot behind the building, demanded he hand over his property and then shot Merrell in the leg, police said.

While Johnson was making his getaway, he shoved the gun into the front of his pants and shot himself in the groin.

Transit police eventually found Johnson trying to get into a woman's car at Southwest Sixth Avenue and Mill Street.

He tried to run, but fell down and officers took him into custody. They recovered the gun, which had been stolen during a car prowl in the Rose Quarter in November 2013.

Johnson and Merrell were both taken to the hospital after the shootings. They both survived.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

Re: Police: Gunman shoved gun in waistband, shot himself in testicles
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 09:59:25 am »
I'll bet he doesn't have the cajones to try sticking the gun down his pants again! :silly:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 10:32:52 am »
I keep losing it again every time I read his name.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 01:22:43 pm »
Just the other day I watched an old episode of "Trauma in the ER," or whatever it's called, where cameras record the real life goings-on in an urban emergency room. This episode was at a hospital in Portland, Ore., where one of the patients was a fellow who left the firing range, shoved his .32 pistol into his waistband, and shot himself in the penis. He seemed pretty good-natured about it, especially when the doctors reported he'd done no permanent damage. Is it something about Portland?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org