Author Topic: Obama Slams Fox News In Bill O'Reilly Interview...Huff Post version  (Read 1665 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/02/bill-oreilly-obama-interview_n_4702120.html?ncid=txtlnkushpmg00000037

Obama Slams Fox News In Bill O'Reilly Interview
The Huffington Post  |  By Ashley Alman   
Posted: 02/02/2014 5:11 pm EST  |  Updated: 02/02/2014 5:59 pm EST

President Barack Obama took a shot at Fox News in an interview with the network's Bill O’Reilly ahead of the Super Bowl XLVIII matchup between the Denver Broncos and the Seattle Seahawks.

O'Reilly brought up the Benghazi and IRS scandals that have, in many ways, plagued Obama's presidency. The Fox News host accused Obama of distracting from the scandals to protect his image and campaign.

“Your detractors believe that you did not tell the world [Benghazi] was a terror attack because your campaign didn’t want that out,” O’Reilly said. “That’s what they believe.”

“And they believe it because folks like you tell them that,” Obama said. "These kinds of things keep on surfacing in part because you and your TV station will promote them."

Prior to the interview, O’Reilly told Fox’s Megyn Kelly that he was “not nervous.”

“He is not a bad guy, I think people misread him,” he said. “However, my interview this time is going to be very precise.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Obama Slams Fox News In Bill O'Reilly Interview...Huff Post version
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 12:54:16 am »
No surprise here...O'Reilly is the worst interviewer out there..that is why Obama agreed to it..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 01:08:28 am »
No surprise here...O'Reilly is the worst interviewer out there..that is why Obama agreed to it..

Agree. Obama only agreed because he knew Billy the 'suck up' would give him a pass. For all of his self blown bluster about how 'tough' he is, when it comes to Washington power, he is a big of a kiss-ass as McCain is.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 01:10:16 am »
 goopo

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 01:11:18 am »

O'Reilly blew this interview even worse than his last one with Obummer. O didn't answer any of the questions and Bill gave him a pass. I imagine the excuse will be that O'Reilly has respect for the office, and it wasn't appropriate to 'badger' him. Bill's as much a narcissist as is Barry.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 01:21:03 am »
Now watch. In between when Bill is not selling books or promoting his own self glorifying trinkets, which is his primary topic, he will talk on and on about this interview for a month or more. All the while he will be touting how 'tough' and 'smart' and 'intellectual' he himself is.

I know this guy. That is exactly what he is going to do. It is what he always does.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 01:26:56 am »
The funny parts are going to be when he has to defend this interview to people on his show like Monica Crowley.   000hehehehe

Offline olde north church

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 03:26:39 am »
O'Reilly blew this interview even worse than his last one with Obummer. O didn't answer any of the questions and Bill gave him a pass. I imagine the excuse will be that O'Reilly has respect for the office, and it wasn't appropriate to 'badger' him. Bill's as much a narcissist as is Barry.

A two man circle jerk
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 03:02:05 pm »
They were defending O'Reilly this morning on Glenn Beck, calling it impossible to get straight answers from a liar in a 10 minute interview on his turf.

IMO, the fault is entirely with O'Reilly, and it was his enormous ego, combined with his naivte about Obama that caused him to do this interview in the first place.

It was a BIG mistake, because O'Reilly allowed the Liar in Chief a platform to continue his bullying of anyone who disagrees with him.

The only hope was that a few more people have started to see through Obama, and his poll numbers will go down even further.

Otherwise this interview was a complete disaster, and it was ALL O'Reilly's fault.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 03:09:36 pm »
They were defending O'Reilly this morning on Glenn Beck, calling it impossible to get straight answers from a liar in a 10 minute interview on his turf.

IMO, the fault is entirely with O'Reilly, and it was his enormous ego, combined with his naivte about Obama that caused him to do this interview in the first place.

It was a BIG mistake, because O'Reilly allowed the Liar in Chief a platform to continue his bullying of anyone who disagrees with him.

The only hope was that a few more people have started to see through Obama, and his poll numbers will go down even further.

Otherwise this interview was a complete disaster, and it was ALL O'Reilly's fault.

I like your take, ML.

And another thing....Bill O'Reilly may be compelled to to change his POV on the man and not always predispose good intentions coming from the Prez.

And if he feels that Obama scored points while making him look bad/weak....it could be time for a bowl of popcorn tonight at 8PM   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 03:15:02 pm »

I like your take, ML.

And another thing....Bill O'Reilly may be compelled to to change his POV on the man and not always predispose good intentions coming from the Prez.

And if he feels that Obama scored points while making him look bad/weak....it could be time for a bowl of popcorn tonight at 8PM   :laugh:

Do you think O'Reilly's ego will allow him to admit he's been wrong about Obama?  It will be interesting to observe.

In the part of the interview I heard, the punk blamed Bill directly for misleading people about Ben Ghazi.

I would think the bloviator might not let that one slip by, and I totally concur that it could provide some entertaining viewing at 8 tonight!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline happyg

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 03:59:31 pm »
O'Reilly was just Fox defending himself. He said he got what he set out to do, and that was to ask tough questions. He forgot to mention that he didn't try to get Obama to answer them, and let him off easily. He said just what we expected him to say. I reckon he will gain lib viewers and lose conservatives. /s

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 06:18:51 pm »
Do you think O'Reilly's ego will allow him to admit he's been wrong about Obama?  It will be interesting to observe.

In the part of the interview I heard, the punk blamed Bill directly for misleading people about Ben Ghazi.

I would think the bloviator might not let that one slip by, and I totally concur that it could provide some entertaining viewing at 8 tonight!

In ego judging BOR and O are twins.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 06:22:19 pm »

Yep! Obama is a narcississy and O'Reilly is a narcissist.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 07:34:10 pm »

I think I heard Rush say today that O'Reilly this morning said Obama was a good guy.

If so, he's not only an egotist...............he's nuts.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 07:35:17 pm »
I think I heard Rush say today that O'Reilly this morning said Obama was a good guy.

Which is why I have no interest in watching anything he does!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 07:36:41 pm »
Which is why I have no interest in watching anything he does!

Nor I!

Offline happyg

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 08:12:19 pm »

He's stupid if the believes Obama and thinks he's a nice guy, so not worth watching the dummy. If he's lying, another reason not to watch O'Reilly.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 08:13:23 pm »

FYI

http://therightscoop.com/bill-oreilly-i-dont-think-obama-is-trying-to-hurt-people-like-the-hard-right-believes/

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 08:37:17 pm »
His heart's in the right place???

O'Reilly really IS nuts.

Completely!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 08:51:06 pm »
While O'Reilly can annoy the heck out of me - for many of the reasons cited on this thread and others - I am not as down on him as many are here. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 09:06:57 pm »
While O'Reilly can annoy the heck out of me - for many of the reasons cited on this thread and others - I am not as down on him as many are here.

One must and should take into account that he's the #1 show on prime time cable for over a decade.

Once you reconcile that fact, you understand the public statement is not necessarily his private feeling on the matter.

He's a friend of Dennis Miller.  That says a lot more about that his public statement on Obama.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2014, 02:11:30 am »
One must and should take into account that he's the #1 show on prime time cable for over a decade.

Once you reconcile that fact, you understand the public statement is not necessarily his private feeling on the matter.

He's a friend of Dennis Miller.  That says a lot more about that his public statement on Obama.

Because there was nothing else opposite his time slot worth watching, that is changing - the Blaze network is growing and Real News is on opposite BOR and much more worth watching than listening to BOR cut everyone off in mid sentence and blow his own horn.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776