Author Topic: Donations to group that targeted Tea Party down 98%  (Read 1081 times)

rangerrebew

Donations to group that targeted Tea Party down 98%
« on: February 02, 2014, 09:53:38 pm »
Donations to group that targeted Tea Party down 98%

Written By : Ashley Herzog
February 2, 2014

When is the Republican establishment going to learn to stop ignoring the base? Donations to Karl Rove’s three Crossroads groups decreased 98% last year, after Rove “declared war on the Tea Party.”

As Breitbart reports,

Rove runs Crossroads GPS, American Crossroads, and the Conservative Victory Project Super PAC, which was formed this year to wage war against conservatives. Rove’s two groups raised $325 million in 2012 and about $70 million in 2010. As Politico notes, though, “Rove added a third group to the network in 2013, forming the Conservative Victory Project to counterbalance the influence of Tea Party and conservative grassroots forces in GOP primaries.”

Since then, as Breitbart News reported, “Rove’s organization has been so tarnished among the conservative base that candidates fear donors will not contribute to any group associated with him.”

Rove and the rest of the establishment should take this as a clear message that despite their best efforts, the Tea Party isn’t going away quietly.

http://www.rightwingnews.com/uncategorized/donations-to-group-that-targeted-tea-party-down-98/

« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 09:54:31 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline olde north church

Re: Donations to group that targeted Tea Party down 98%
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 10:51:02 pm »
I thought they were referring to the RNC!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 10:32:44 pm »
It is actually Karl Rove's group and he has changed the name in hopes people will not recognize it.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 02:09:05 am »
The Tea Party (yep that group someone here told us is dead) raised over three times more money than Karl Rove's organizations. There was an additional 23 million used directly by Koch Industries to fight Obamacare (which is where the Tea Parties have been aiming their ads and it is attracting people who are not normally aligned with the TP)....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 02:43:35 am »
"98%" sounds like a bit of a stretch to me, but even if the donations were down 50-60%, that's sayin' something about the future of the "mainstream" GOP...

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 02:52:07 am »
"98%" sounds like a bit of a stretch to me, but even if the donations were down 50-60%, that's sayin' something about the future of the "mainstream" GOP...

According to the expert they interviewed about this on Real News (The Blaze TV) the big money comes out of the Big Apple and they got so burned in 2012 they are sitting on their money - the small donations are coming from people like us and going to the TP groups - so the big money guys sitting it out (so far) are putting a world of hurt on Rove and company.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 03:25:21 am »
According to the expert they interviewed about this on Real News (The Blaze TV) the big money comes out of the Big Apple and they got so burned in 2012 they are sitting on their money - the small donations are coming from people like us and going to the TP groups - so the big money guys sitting it out (so far) are putting a world of hurt on Rove and company.

I can't take the Real News seriously.  The come across as a bunch of snot nosed punks hanging around the campus coffee shop.  I await the term "belief system" to come out of one of their mouths.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 03:31:48 am »
I can't take the Real News seriously.  The come across as a bunch of snot nosed punks hanging around the campus coffee shop.  I await the term "belief system" to come out of one of their mouths.

ummm Buck Sexton worked for the CIA, Tara worked a long time for Oceander Rohrbacher, etc.. they are anything but snot nosed punks and they have some very astute guests.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 03:33:48 am »

There would be two factors at play that make the numbers make sense.
1. Like the article implies, pissing off a large portion of the right.
2. Being an off year politically. We'll probably see spin later this year that donations are up over last year just because it is an election year.

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 03:53:26 am »
ummm Buck Sexton worked for the CIA, Tara worked a long time for Oceander Rohrbacher, etc.. they are anything but snot nosed punks and they have some very astute guests.

and John Murtha was a Marine Colonel who went out of his way to screw members of the military every chance he got.  It could be related to just a part of getting older, expecting people of wisdom to be older not younger.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 03:54:40 am »
and John Murtha was a Marine Colonel who went out of his way to screw members of the military every chance he got.  It could be related to just a part of getting older, expecting people of wisdom to be older not younger.

I'll take them over Bill O'Reilly any day of the week... and I'm older than you.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:55:30 am by Rapunzel »

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 04:00:26 am »
I'll take them over Bill O'Reilly any day of the week... and I'm older than you.

I'm no O'Reilly fan

Offline Carling

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 04:17:09 am »
There would be two factors at play that make the numbers make sense.
1. Like the article implies, pissing off a large portion of the right.
2. Being an off year politically. We'll probably see spin later this year that donations are up over last year just because it is an election year.

That's what I was thinking, too.  It would make sense that 2013 for any group would be down significantly in donations.  2012 was a presidential election, and 2013 had ... what, exactly?

Even 2014 won't come close to 2012 for almost all PACs, but I assume that most PACs will raise much more money this year than they did in 2013.

What's the story, here, other than the obvious being shown in terms of political donations.  If Tea Party PACs are up 10,000% over 2012, then that's a story, IMO.  Otherwise, it seems obvious that most people don't donate money to PACs in a non-election year.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------