Author Topic: Loud, House-Shaking Booms – Even Horn/Trumpet Sounds – Persist in U. S. and Canada.  (Read 3101 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
THIS IS THE BEST THREAD EVER!

Loud booms out of nowhere.

Unexplained random trumpet sounds.

Orange balls in the sky.

I thought it was just me.

I thought it was all that s#it I did in the 80's coming back for seconds.

I'm so relieved...
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Hook a bro up - I'm out of the good stuff  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline olde north church

Perhaps someone is waiting for the walls to come down?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I could have sworn that I read and posted about an event where one of the "orange globes" of light crashed into the ground.

Authorities with HAZMAT suits gently placed it on a stretcher and slid it into a van ambulance...drove away, lights flashing.

The suggestion was that it was a living entity.

I'll try and find it again......
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

rangerrebew

How else can you explain NOBODY COMING UP WITH A LOGICAL EXPLANATION? 

I know what it is!  Allah is announcing to muslims the coming of global warming. :silly:

rangerrebew

Hook a bro up - I'm out of the good stuff  :laugh:

Call Obama for some "foreign aid." :whistle:  He has many suppliers in his background.

rangerrebew

Explain in detail, please the trumpet sounds and other sounds.

Perhaps it's the mating call of Big Foot! :thud:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Perhaps it's the mating call of Big Foot! :thud:

I recall walking through the Amish Dutch Market once recently and the sound of the chicken being cook in those pressure cookers stopped me in my tracks.  It was EXACTLY like that....only it sounded like it was coming from above.  From everywhere.

And yet somebody who may live a couple miles away from you heard nothing.

What's even stranger is that like I said previously....typical humans seem to lose interest in trying to find out what the cause is.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
It just isn't that hard to make a device that makes a lot of noise that carries a long way.  A propane cannon is a good example...it generates a pretty loud bang that carries a long way in the right conditions.  Another example is some form of siren.  You can change the sound by the shape of the horns and the fan.  Here's a quick vid on a Chrysler-Bell air raid siren of WWII vintage.  These things were all over the West Coast and they have an interesting range as you can see....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shqg4a-Ols8

Whatever these noises are, they are not magic.....

Offline aligncare

Not magic, but extraterrestrial. Spielberg's War of the Worlds used the same mechanical trumpet sounds in his remake. To good effect, I might add.

About all this? Arsenio Hall would say, "things that make you go, hmmm?"
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 09:00:26 pm by aligncare »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
It just isn't that hard to make a device that makes a lot of noise that carries a long way.  A propane cannon is a good example...it generates a pretty loud bang that carries a long way in the right conditions.  Another example is some form of siren.  You can change the sound by the shape of the horns and the fan.  Here's a quick vid on a Chrysler-Bell air raid siren of WWII vintage.  These things were all over the West Coast and they have an interesting range as you can see....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shqg4a-Ols8

Whatever these noises are, they are not magic.....

Who would have A LOT of those things and sound them off for shits giggles and grins? Or are people just testing them all at the same time as they call for big foot to emerge from the mating call?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 04:35:30 pm by Gazoo »

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
It is an opinion I read differently if 'one' has not experienced these strange sounds/happenings.

Having 'heard' thee odd booms,- my final answer If I am forced to form an opinion- is that it is classified military stuff.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Who would have A LOT of those things and sound them off for shits giggles and grins? Or are people just testing them all at the same time as they call for big foot to emerge from the mating call?

Do you know how simple it is to make a rudimentary air horn that sounds like doom itself with enough air pressure??  I can put one together in a couple of days with plumbing parts...and it isn't that hard to coordinate anything these days....