Author Topic: Will Hollywood Turn on Woody Allen Following Daughter's Sexual Abuse Allegations?  (Read 983 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/02/02/dunham-takes-farrow-side

by Christian Toto 2 Feb 2014, 7:11 AM PDT

Lena Dunham, current media and Hollywood "It Girl," refused to stay silent after reading an open letter from Woody Allen's adopted daughter regarding sexual abuse allegations.

Dylan Farrow rocked the news cycle this weekend when she publicly slammed both Allen for his actions and the Hollywood community which continues to stand by the famed auteur.

Reports of the now-28 year old's charges aren't new, but this is the first time she has publicly addressed them in such a open fashion. The letter moved Dunham, who told her Twitter followers Farrow's letter was "courageous, powerful and generous. Please read."

Will her Hollywood peers follow her lead? Allen is 78, but he continues to make roughly one film a year starring some of the biggest names in the film industry.

The filmmaker's romance with the adopted daughter of his girlfriend, Mia Farrow, during the early 1990s also caused sensational headlines. That affair didn't derail his film career, nor did Allen apologize for his actions.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

Hell no!!  If they haven't turned on muslims for the same thing by this point, they won't turn on Allen.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Nope, since they can claim it is unproved.

Short of a video tape of the abuse, they'd never turn on him.  Heck, many of them still support admitted pedophile Roman Polanski.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline PzLdr

Did they turn on Polanski, who fled after PLEADING guilty to sexual acts with a minor? So, IMHO, not f*ckin' likely they'll turn on Allen.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Not a snowballs chance.

He makes "smart" movies.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mountaineer

Allen says ex Farrow behind daughter’s sex-abuse accusation
NY Post

Woody Allen called allegations that he abused his daughter “untrue and disgraceful” Sunday, and his camp said it’s clear that scorned ex Mia Farrow is behind them. The iconic director was reacting to a letter published over the weekend in which his and Farrow’s adopted daughter, Dylan Farrow, detailed previous claims that he molested her as a child.

“Mr. Allen has read the article and found it untrue and disgraceful,’’ said his rep.

In her detailed account of the alleged abuse to the New York Times, Dylan said she was once sexually assaulted by Allen while sitting on the floor playing with a train set when she was 7.  She called out a host of Hollywood celebrities who continue to support her father.

Allen’s lawyer added, “It is tragic that after 20 years, a story engineered by a vengeful lover resurfaces. The one to blame for Dylan’s distress is neither Dylan nor Woody Allen.”

A former girlfriend of Allen’s also came to his defense, calling the attacks against him a “well-orchestrated smear campaign.”

Stacey Nelkin — who first dated Allen in 1977, when she was 17 and he was 42 — told The Post that Mia Farrow tried to recruit her years ago in her war against Allen.

“She wanted me to agree to say that I was 15 years old [when they started dating], which I was not,” said Nelkin, known as the inspiration behind Mariel Hemingway’s character in Allen’s film “Manhattan,’’ about a middle-aged divorced man dating a high-school girl.

Farrow did not return requests for comment Sunday.

The allegation that Allen molested Dylan first surfaced in 1992, as his and Mia’s relationship imploded when Mia learned he was having an affair with her 19-year-old adopted daughter, Soon-Yi. At the time, then-Connecticut state’s attorney Frank Maco said he lacked the evidence to prosecute Allen but suspected the abuse did occur.

Maco, who retired in 2003, said Sunday that it’s too late to try to prosecute Allen now because the statute of limitations ran out at least 15 years ago.

Alec Baldwin, one of the actors called out in Dylan’s letter, tweeted in response Sunday: ”You are mistaken if you think there is a place for me, or any outsider, in this family’s issue.”

Cate Blanchett, who starred in Allen’s latest award-winning film, “Blue Jasmine,” and also was named, told the Web site Hollywood Elsewhere, “It’s obviously been a long and painful situation for the family. I hope they find some sort of resolution and peace.’’
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/02/04/woody-allen-young-girls-history

NY Mag: Woody Allen's Past Offers New Insights into Dylan Farrow's Open Letter Accusation

by Breitbart News 4 Feb 2014, 2:24 PM PDT

The open letter Dylan Farrow penned accusing Woody Allen of molesting her at the age of 7 continues to haunt Hollywood.

The letter also brought past quotes and anecdotes about Allen into a new, uncomfortable, light.

New York Magazine chronicles some of the most disturbing, on the record, information about Allen in the wake of the open letter.

The details of the allegations against Allen, which never resulted in criminal charges, are reported in the 1992 Vanity Fair article “Mia’s Story,” by Maureen Orth, which begins, “There was an unwritten rule in Mia Farrow’s house that Woody Allen was never supposed to be left alone with their seven-year-old adopted daughter, Dylan.

Another story from roughly that era details Allen's odd attachment to the young Dylan Farrow.

From the start, Farrow’s friends say, Allen seemed “obsessed” by the little girl. He would arrive at Mia’s house at six in the morning and sit on the end of Dylan’s bed, staring at her until she woke up. He insisted that she be kept up until he got home in the evening to tuck her in. He was reluctant to leave her alone at school. His behavior struck several parents of other children as odd.

The new article also uncovers a 1976 interview from People magazine detailing the director's confessions about love and sex.

I'm open-minded about sex. I'm not above reproach; if anything, I'm below reproach. I mean, if I was caught in a love nest with 15 12-year-old girls tomorrow, people would think, yeah, I always knew that about him." Allen pauses. "Nothing I could come up with would surprise anyone," he ventures helplessly. "I admit to it all.

We also learn anew about a pen pal relationship Allen had with a then-13-year-old girl named Nancy. Allen asked the youngster a series of chummy questions during their exchanges, like, "What school do you go to? What hobbies do you have? How old are your parents and what do they do? What are your moods like? Are you energetic?"

The two did meet once, although the girl brought along two adults. Here is how she recalls the moment:

I couldn’t say a word, and my companions filled in the silence with aimless chatter while Woody, wearing his very same clothes from Annie Hall, sat Indian-style in an armchair, nodding politely and trying to catch my eye.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

Like I said - I think they're all nuts, which makes it hard to know who is telling the truth.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Farrow's letter was "courageous, powerful and generous. Please read."

Vindictive and pathetic is more like it.  Whether the accusations are true or not, for the girl to go public at this point says a great deal more about her than about him. 

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

Vindictive and pathetic is more like it.  Whether the accusations are true or not, for the girl to go public at this point says a great deal more about her than about him.

If what she says really happened, then I imagine that every time she sees Woody Allen glorified by Hollywood - it's like a knife in her back to think that he got away with abusing her.   I would think such unrepentent and unpunished abuse would certainly traumatize her for life and prevent her from having any closure and subsequent healing.  It may be cathartic for her to do this now, since he has been nominated for an Oscar.  I can understand why she might bring it out now - and I think to do so shows that she is probably telling the truth - for the pain to still be with her.   
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Millee

Since Fatty Arbuckle, has Hollyweird shunned anyone accused of perversion??   :shrug:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

I disagree, especially in light of the adoration of Woody Allen that was taking place preceding this letter.  Her letter needs to be in the context of that in order to appreciate what she did.

Ever hear of a BBC television star named Jimmie Saville??  Likely the biggest pedophile in modern times and nobody would admit to anything until a year after he was dead.  Ever hear of Penn State and a guy name Jerry Sandusky??  How about a guy named Roman Polanski??  Need I continue??

The facts about Woody Allen remain sketchy, but one thing is clear, he married his stepdaughter whom he adopted when she was 13.  I don't know what else he did or did not do to his children, but circumstantial evidence I do have makes me think he got away with a very great deal because of the statute of limitations.

Offline mountaineer

The facts about Woody Allen remain sketchy, but one thing is clear, he married his stepdaughter whom he adopted when she was 13. 
I don't believe that's true. His current wife was not his stepdaughter, adopted or otherwise. She was his girlfriend's daughter (I would add "adopted," but I'm tired of this qualifier). Not saying this in an approving way, mind you, but just trying to be accurate.

Offline Rapunzel

If what she says really happened, then I imagine that every time she sees Woody Allen glorified by Hollywood - it's like a knife in her back to think that he got away with abusing her.   I would think such unrepentent and unpunished abuse would certainly traumatize her for life and prevent her from having any closure and subsequent healing.  It may be cathartic for her to do this now, since he has been nominated for an Oscar.  I can understand why she might bring it out now - and I think to do so shows that she is probably telling the truth - for the pain to still be with her.

I agree...  l this is something that does stay with you for life. 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

rangerrebew

I agree...  l this is something that does stay with you for life.

The whole thing reminds me of another personality Hollyweird worshiped - Michael Jackson. :pondering: