Author Topic: It's ime to ignore anything the MSM says about Republican Candidates Clarice Feldman  (Read 401 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/02/its_ime_to_ignore_anything_the_msm_says_about_republican_candidates.html

February 2, 2014
It's ime to ignore anything the MSM says about Republican Candidates
Clarice Feldman

Time and again, the media run with poorly sourced, inaccurate, unchecked claims against Republican front runners and send the white toga crowd fleeing.In fact, no claim is too outrageous, too thin or poorly sourced to be checked  before it goes to print and no error is  seems to  warrant a timely, public correction by the mainstream media. When will we grow up and learn to discount it all until there is solid proof of wrongdoing?

Thomas Lipscomb dissects the New York Times inexplicable charges against NJ Governor Christie:

Last night [Friday] the NY Times carried a lede on a digital edition story by Kate Zernicke flatly claiming that according to Wildstein Governor Christie knew about the GW Bridge closing. That was corrected to "evidence exists" in the Page One print story today, with no correction noted that I have seen.

And the internet lit up over the issue, as you know better than most.

Unfortunately you need ANOTHER correction for Zernicke's revise. This time she flatly ledes that Wildstein, "The former Port Authority official who personally oversaw the lane closings at the George Washington Bridge, central to the scandal now swirling around Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, said on Friday" that "evidence exists... ." But if the WSJ Page One story today is correct, Wildstein made no such statement. The statement was made by Alan Zegas, Wildstein's attorney which is a whole other thing. Take a look.

After all, attorney Zegas is presumably trying to get a deal with his client with the prosecutor. And his statement is clearly a PR gesture to that end of mild news value, but not sufficient to make page one of either the NYT or the WSJ, much less merit an incorrect sourcing, if anything ever does.

30 years ago I can see Abe telling his reporter "If Zegas wants to run an ad, send him the rate card. I want to hear from Wildstein."

Now Zernicke and I have had some difference of opinion as you will see if you go to two articles I ran on Real Clear Politics about her sloppy reporting on Kerry's military record.

But if the NYT missed the opportunity, or deemed the move from electronic Bulldog to corrected print insufficient cause to run a correction, you clearly have one now.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Two points: (1) She is exactly right about not allowing the media to pick a candidate and (2) She proves once again that you should believe absolutely nothing about an initial report on anything, as the media has a proven track record of being 99% wrong about anything they report in the first 48 hours.

Offline aligncare

An accurate shorthand for what's happening today in the media comes from Sean Hannity: "the death of journalism."

Opinion – and worse, advocacy – woven into hard news stories killed it. Opinion used to be found in the editorial section with a clear byline. Not so with today's Democrat propagandists in the mainstream media.