Author Topic: Obama: Congress's job to change pot laws  (Read 416 times)

rangerrebew

Obama: Congress's job to change pot laws
« on: February 02, 2014, 01:59:14 pm »

Obama: Congress’s Job to Change Pot Laws

Posted on February 1, 2014   

Since Obama ignores laws, (think Hillary here) what difference will this make?
 Check it out:

On Friday, President Barack Obama, who has admitted that during college he used marijuana and sometimes “a little blow,” told CNN that it is Congress’s job to remove marijuana from the government’s list of serious narcotics.

Although the president did not come out overtly and endorse such a move, one might imply that he would not stand in the way.

Recently, in an interview with New Yorker Magazine, Obama shared his belief that marijuana is no more dangerous than alcohol. “I stand by my belief, based, I think, on the scientific evidence, that marijuana, for casual users, individual users, is subject to abuse, just like alcohol is and should be treated as a public health problem and challenge,” Obama stated. “But as I said in the interview, my concern is when you end up having very heavy criminal penalties for individual users that have been applied unevenly, and in some cases, with a racial disparity.”

Continue Reading on www.breitbart.com ...

Read more at http://conservativebyte.com/2014/02/obama-congresss-job-change-pot-laws/#StKdtRzMQEoKfxFr.99

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Obama: Congress's job to change pot laws
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 02:28:02 pm »
He is correct in that until Congress de-criminalizes marijuana and removes it from the Schedule 1 restricted narcotics list, it does not matter what laws the States pass because Federal Law trumps them.  A promise from a Liberal Administration's AG not to prosecute is worth less than a pitcher full of warm Biden.  The next Administration will likely take a different view and decide to enforce Federal marijuana laws, and all of those registered growers, dispensary owners, users and other licensees will make a great list for some ambitious AUSA to start his RICO investigations with.

When Eric Holder leaves office, the pot party across the Country will come to a screeching halt.