Author Topic: Holder: Trust me! Kids will never use pot!  (Read 477 times)

rangerrebew

Holder: Trust me! Kids will never use pot!
« on: February 02, 2014, 01:16:55 pm »

Holder: Trust me! Kids will never use pot!

Eric HolderJust because marijuana is legal doesn’t mean kids will use pot, or so says Eric Holder.

Barack Obama practically made a PSA promoting drug use during his 2008 presidential election campaign. Obama continues to promote recreational drug use as no big deal, because it plays well to the youngsters, and stoners…and young stoners.

The Left sees two things with drugs: votes and tax revenue. But as usual, the Left never considers what will be left in the wake of their policies.

As reported at TIME:

Attorney General Eric Holder said Wednesday that just because states are legalizing marijuana for recreational purposes doesn’t mean minors will be able to roll up a joint.

“People cannot buy alcohol I guess now until you’re age… age 21, but young people find ways to get alcohol because adults can have access to it,” Holder said before the Senate Judiciary Committee. “I’m not sure that we will see the same thing here given what we have said with regard to our enforcement priorities.”

His comments came as Colorado and Washington state have been implementing new laws allowing recreational pot. Marijuana remains illegal under federal law, and under questioning, Holder defended the Obama administration’s stance in allowing the states to move forward with their laws while the feds work to make sure the drug doesn’t become available to minors or move across state lines.

Eric Holder was also sure nothing bad would happen if the US supplied guns to Mexico. I wouldn’t bet on anything the Attorney General had to say.

Read more at http://theblacksphere.net/2014/01/marijuana-holder/#rA1k30JKlZrQtBVE.99

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Holder: Trust me! Kids will never use pot!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 01:56:37 pm »

Although I have long supported decriminalization of pot, if I didn't know better, I'd think these two (OPapaDoc and Holder) had an agenda to destroy American exceptionalism by tearing away at the country's cultural fabric.  Oh, wait.

It's funny how OPapaDoc says in the STFU (my variation of SOTU) speech that he wants to put in place new policies that will help lower class people become upwardly mobile.  I wonder if he thinks legal marijuana will do that?

rangerrebew

Re: Holder: Trust me! Kids will never use pot!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 02:06:14 pm »
George Washington's reply. (From his Farewell Address)

This spirit, unfortunately, is inseparable from our nature, having its root in the strongest passions of the human mind. It exists under different shapes in all governments, more or less stifled, controlled, or repressed; but, in those of the popular form, it is seen in its greatest rankness, and is truly their worst enemy.

The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries which result gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of public liberty.