Author Topic: Sochi Authorities Hire Company to Murder Stray Dogs Before Olympics  (Read 565 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2014/02/01/Sochi-Authorities-Hires-Company-to-Murder-Stray-Dogs-Before-Olympics

Sochi Authorities Hire Company to Murder Stray Dogs Before Olympics

by Mary Chastain 1 Feb 2014, 8:48 AM PDT

Authorities in Sochi, Russia hired a private company to kill stray dogs in the city before the 2014 Winter Olympics kicks off on February 6. Alexei Sorokin owns Basia Services and said the strays are a threat to people.

“I am for the right of people to walk the streets without fear of being attacked by packs of dogs,” he said.

“Let’s call things by their real name. These dogs are biological trash.”

There are a lot of pets abandoned by their owners. Neutering is expensive and the dogs reproduce quickly in the streets. There have also been reports of dog attacks in the streets.

“Russia, in general, has irresponsible dog owners who, when they get bored of their home pet experiment, kick them out on the street,” Sorokin said. “So parks are dumping grounds for unwanted dogs. We end up with many stray dogs who pose a threat to population.”

Last year, the city hired groups to kill the strays and offered around $48,359.90 to kill over 2,000 dogs and cats between 2013 and 2015. The plan was dropped after animal groups from around the world criticized it. Charities are trying to find humane ways to take the animals off the street, but they caught people killing the animals during the night. 
    Many of the animals are abused and even poisoned, stabbed or beaten to death by so-called “dog hunters”.

Vigilante groups have sprung up in several Russian cities, using poison-laced meat, guns and other weapons to kill strays.

Residents have protested for a government crackdown on the gangs, who sometimes kill pets by mistake.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline raml

Re: Sochi Authorities Hire Company to Murder Stray Dogs Before Olympics
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 01:48:18 am »
What do animal lovers want done with strays? They can't be allowed on the streets or they become pack animals and attack even humans and if taken into shelters most are then killed anyway. I don't know why this is news to me it is common sense. I love animals and prove it by taking care of all the animals that live in my home but the people who let their animals loose to roam the streets are the guilty parties not the people who are taking care of the problem and it is a problem a huge problem.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 02:42:03 am »
In many places, a young dog makes a very fine meal....

"101 Ways to Wok Your Dog".....

Bon apetit, and you're all welcome for that little earworm.....

:beer:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 06:16:15 am »
These strays are not the sad but cute poster dogs for your local animal shelter. They are feral packs, well known for attacking people for the food in their hand, or sometimes their hand itself.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink