Author Topic: Loud, House-Shaking Booms – Even Horn/Trumpet Sounds – Persist in U. S. and Canada.  (Read 3100 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Loud, House-Shaking Booms – Even Horn/Trumpet Sounds –
Persist in U. S. and Canada.

“The loud boom just shook this whole neighborhood.
Stuff rattled on the shelves. Everyone was coming out wondering
what's going on. I've even had people say, ‘Are we being invaded?’
Where is it coming from? Who is doing it? Why? We don't know
how long this is going to continue.”

- Leon Cunningham, 25-year resident in Livingston Cty, KY

full report at link with mp3

http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=2165&category=Environment
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Frostquakes?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
The booms have been going on nationwide in various places for years.  I have experienced at least twice.

http://www.wwaytv3.com/news_tags/booms

Scientist says research of mysterious booms at a standstill | WWAY NewsChannel 3 |http://www.wwaytv3.com/scientist_says_research_mysterious_booms_standstill/11/2010

I think these booms are different in nature than the ones above?

These booms are said to be from 'frostquakes' or I would guess fracking?

http://strangesounds.org/2013/09/new-us-mysterious-booms-reports-from-virginia-kentucky-ohio-california-florida-new-york.html

First I have heard of the trumpets...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 04:19:16 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Online DCPatriot

I've experienced them firsthand also.

The horn sound was a bit unsettling.  The pressure cooker mechanical sound was even more disconcerting.

But I believe that our species has DNA instructions to ignore it.   How else can you explain NOBODY COMING UP WITH A LOGICAL EXPLANATION?  I mean, It's already just a vague, unimportant matter to me, but at the time.....it was like WTF is going on?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I know some booms, far inland, can be the result of a storm on the coast. The waves hit the rocks and the vibration travels along a strata. It's rare, but documented.

Frostquakes are loud as hell. A little frightening too. Used to hear them all the time as a kid. Think of the sound of river ice breaking up.

It might also explain some of the horns. When thick ice cracks, it makes a zing noise. Pattern recognition applied to an unexpected sound could do the rest.

Or, the molemen may finally be tired of us intruding on their turf with drills.  :laugh:

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

And the orange balls have been seen by too many for them all to be crazy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDIyqYTB_Vc

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
I know some booms, far inland, can be the result of a storm on the coast. The waves hit the rocks and the vibration travels along a strata. It's rare, but documented.

Frostquakes are loud as hell. A little frightening too. Used to hear them all the time as a kid. Think of the sound of river ice breaking up.

It might also explain some of the horns. When thick ice cracks, it makes a zing noise. Pattern recognition applied to an unexpected sound could do the rest.

Or, the molemen may finally be tired of us intruding on their turf with drills.  :laugh:

I used to think it was classified drills/sonic booms from Oceana... the VA/Carolina coast is the playground but how do you explain the orange balls in the video?

Online DCPatriot

I heard the sounds in the late Spring and Summer....so they couldn't have been due to cold temps.

Maybe fracking....but I think not.

Maybe it's a weapons system testing pattern.

Sort of like a laser beam, but able to compress/displace all oxygen?   It would help explain these large die-offs, when thousands of birds suddenly fall out of the sky, or an entire pod of whales or sea mammals beach themselves?

Something's not right though......unless the internet has better informed us of the number of events taking place, etc.......and it's been going on since Adam and Eve.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

I used to think it was classified drills/sonic booms from Oceana... the VA/Carolina coast is the playground but how do you explain the orange balls in the video?

Ball lightning? They are supposed to make a heck of a noise when they detonate. Sometimes. Other times they just fizzle out with a steam kettle sound.
Of course, no  one knows what causes ball lightning in the first place - it was believed not to exist for years.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
I heard the sounds in the late Spring and Summer....so they couldn't have been due to cold temps.

Maybe fracking....but I think not.

Maybe it's a weapons system testing pattern.

Sort of like a laser beam, but able to compress/displace all oxygen?   It would help explain these large die-offs, when thousands of birds suddenly fall out of the sky, or an entire pod of whales or sea mammals beach themselves?

Something's not right though......unless the internet has better informed us of the number of events taking place, etc.......and it's been going on since Adam and Eve.

Explain in detail, please the trumpet sounds and other sounds.

I was about 5 miles from the ocean once and the walls shattered and house seemed to settle/move. Closer to the ocean and it all magnifies the intensity...

The local' seneca guns' story is odd. The video did not mention the oceans plate was shifting which IMO would be covered under the earthquake submenu of the subject. No wave is ever created. Why is it Clinton and I think Obama said they were going to unclassify UFO material and they never did?

Online DCPatriot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfvLn8MBjws

CAUTION!  The 1st guys's language is wanting.  But that's the horn sound.   And THAT'S on YOUTUBE....imagine if it's all around you?

l
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 05:31:06 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
We posted the same video but they say your New Yawker long island guy is in Canada?

Doesn't matter where they are as too many have documented it. 

I have heard this noise in one of the movies I think?

Not mars attacks...that is funny and scary but one of the other movies?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 05:38:58 pm by Gazoo »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
....unless the internet has better informed us of the number of events taking place, etc.......and it's been going on since Adam and Eve.

IMHO, you are on the right path here. The world is a noisy place. From the aforementioned 'ice quakes' to distant thunder, to thousands of other things (not to mention human made sounds).

The internet has made the most mundane things appear unusual or sinister.

A good case in point is the recent Atlanta snow conspiracy theories that are going around. Just snow acting like snow, but someone who is uninformed (or just stupid) makes a video sounding sinister and suddenly everyone is sharing it and the story plays out like the old kindergarten story game- the more it goes around the more it changes.

Think of 'chemtrails'. Just normal airplane contrails but you get folks on the internet talking about it and suddenly condensation becomes chemical spray.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 05:50:48 pm by Gazoo »

Online DCPatriot

They've been heard all over the world, Gazoo.

But I do believe it could be the New Madrid caldera or as previously suggest, the actual continental plates resisting each other.

Offline ABX

These guys have done a good job exploring and explaining most of these. All instances are either mundane or out and out hoaxes.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/debunked-strange-sounds-in-the-sky.399/

I know I've heard some of the videos of the 'trumpet' sound and it sounds a lot like a Moose (either audio added to the video like one of the videos debunked in the link above or just the sound bouncing off surrounding mountains).

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
IMHO, you are on the right path here. The world is a noisy place. From the aforementioned 'ice quakes' to distant thunder, to thousands of other things (not to mention human made sounds).

The internet has made the most mundane things appear unusual or sinister.

A good case in point is the recent Atlanta snow conspiracy theories that are going around. Just snow acting like snow, but someone who is uninformed (or just stupid) makes a video sounding sinister and suddenly everyone is sharing it and the story plays out like the old kindergarten story game- the more it goes around the more it changes.

Think of 'chemtrails'. Just normal airplane contrails but you get folks on the internet talking about it and suddenly condensation becomes chemical spray.

The Atlanta snowstorm had a  mayor or somebody screw up. It is now almost as political as blaming Bush for Katrina. No socio/ politics involved in these booms.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Could be the tidal bulge.

It'd be interesting to see if these noises happen when the moon is in a general area of the sky.

Think of it like standing up and stretching. Sometimes your joints crack, sometimes they don't.

Offline ABX

The Atlanta snowstorm had a  mayor or somebody screw up. It is now almost as political as blaming Bush for Katrina. No socio/ politics involved in these booms.

This is the Atlanta snow conspiracy I was referring to. A lot of folks need to go back to second grade science class.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/16439028-atlanta-snow--is-it-plastic-is-it-real-or-is-it-a-government-conspiracy-it-doesnt-burn

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
These guys have done a good job exploring and explaining most of these. All instances are either mundane or out and out hoaxes.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/debunked-strange-sounds-in-the-sky.399/

I know I've heard some of the videos of the 'trumpet' sound and it sounds a lot like a Moose (either audio added to the video like one of the videos debunked in the link above or just the sound bouncing off surrounding mountains).

No offense but how is that any different than the videos themselves? A message board thread of people who think they know this and that?

I am not defending the sounds but with so many hearing them the hoax debunked theory you presented on that page...would require someone to hoax  many people all over CONUS and Canada with slow animal sounds? Scientists are baffled so any message board theory is about as precise as this thread of discussion.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
This is the Atlanta snow conspiracy I was referring to. A lot of folks need to go back to second grade science class.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/16439028-atlanta-snow--is-it-plastic-is-it-real-or-is-it-a-government-conspiracy-it-doesnt-burn

The snow isn't real is not even worthy of discussion.

Offline ABX

No offense but how is that any different than the videos themselves? A message board thread of people who think they know this and that?

I am not defending the sounds but with so many hearing them the hoax debunked theory you presented on that page...would require someone to hoax  many people all over CONUS and Canada with slow animal sounds? Scientists are baffled so any message board theory is about as precise as this thread of discussion.

Explain not debunk (although that is the name of the site.) They are, for the most part, just normal sounds but with the internet, suddenly you have the normal becoming the sinister. That was the point of the 'Atlanta snow' video. It is something completely normal but on the internet, normal becomes sinister.

Offline ABX

The snow isn't real is not even worthy of discussion.

The point about that is how, on the internet, the normal suddenly becomes the sinister.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Simon and Garfunkel:

"The Sounds of Silence"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln