Author Topic: GOP Establishment Secretly Pining for Mitt Romney in 2016?  (Read 596 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Establishment Secretly Pining for Mitt Romney in 2016?
« on: February 01, 2014, 01:41:43 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/31/Gop-Establishment-Let-s-Run-Mitt-Romney-Again

by Tony Lee 31 Jan 2014

Some Republican establishment operatives and their big donors want former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney to run again in 2016--but they won't go on record with their comments.

An anonymous establishment operative told left-wing BuzzFeed that the 2016 GOP field, which is considered as strong as 2012's was weak, has "gotten so bad" from the establishment's point of view that donors are "looking back fondly on the good old days of 2012."

“You know what a lot of them say to me? I think we need Mitt back," the anonymous source told the liberal outlet.

A recent poll of 2016 presidential primary voters in New Hampshire found that Romney was still leading in the Granite State, but other polls have shown that the Republican establishment figures still have not learned the lessons from 2012.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee led a national poll conducted by Public Policy Polling, while former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, though she was not included in the poll, had the highest favorability rating among Republican presidential primary voters.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: GOP Establishment Secretly Pining for Mitt Romney in 2016?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 02:09:32 pm »
Jeez, I hope we don't blow 2016.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 02:14:47 pm »
LOL!  Mitt is not running.  He barely had the stomach to run the last time.  Mitt would be even weaker than 2012.

The left wing of the GOP must really be hurting.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 02:21:43 pm »
LOL!  Mitt is not running.  He barely had the stomach to run the last time.  Mitt would be even weaker than 2012.

The left wing of the GOP must really be hurting.

And that is all the farther anyone need go about this idea.  Mitt may have a role to play in a future Administration but I'm doubtful about even that.  He clearly did not have the stomach for a National campaign against a very aggressive incumbent, and I can't fault him for that...Mitt is a decent guy, and there are far too few decent guys left...

I think Mitt likes being with his many grandchildren too much to put them all aside for another campaign.  He would not do it precisely because he knows his heart would not be in it.

Beware allowing the media to pick your candidate for you...