Author Topic: "A line in the sand": Growing number of Sheriffs and Peace Officers are joining together to protect and defend the Constitution  (Read 519 times)

rangerrebew

'A Line in the Sand': Growing number of Sheriffs and Peace officers are joining together to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States

January 30, 2014   

(by Michael Connelly, Constitutional Attorney) -- On January 24, 2014 I attended a meeting of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association. The group is run by former Arizona Sheriff Richard Mack who led the charge to keep the Constitution and particularly the Tenth Amendment alive. He and a handful of other Constitutional Sheriffs sued the Clinton administration because it was trying to force them to violate their oath of office by enforcing provisions of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act.

Sheriff Mack objected to this because he believed that the act was unconstitutional and that the Federal government was not empowered to force local law enforcement officials to enforce Federal laws. The United States Supreme Court ultimately agreed with him in a landmark decision in the case Mack/Printz v USA.

Now, a growing number of like-minded Sheriffs and Peace officers have joined together to defend their oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. They have drawn a line in the and by saying that they will not enforce or allow any laws to be enforced in their jurisdictions that violate the constitutional rights of the Americans they serve.

I had the honor of being present when this group of heroes drew up and signed a historic document setting forth there dedication to freedom. Here is a link to that resolution: http://cspoa.org/cspoa-jan-2014-resolution/

The document speaks for itself and I believe hundreds of law enforcement and other public officials will come forward to add their names to it. However, it will take courage because there have already been attempts at both the Federal government and some state governments to intimidate members of the CSPOA. At the United States Justice Foundation (www.usjf.net) we will do our part to defend these brave Americans who are stepping up to the plate for us and our Constitution.

I encourage everyone to send a copy of this document to your local sheriff and other law enforcement officials and urge them to sign it and join the CSPOA. This group may represent our last line of defense against tyranny.

http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines/a-line-in-the-sand-growing-number-of-sheriffs-and-peace-officers-are-joining-together-to-protect-and-defend-the-constitution-of-the-united-states
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 11:50:18 am by rangerrebew »