Author Topic: Melissa Harris-Perry brags about her sixth sense for knowing when stuff is racist  (Read 995 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/31/melissa-harris-perry-brags-about-her-sixth-sense-for-knowing-when-stuff-is-racist/

Melissa Harris-Perry brags about her sixth sense for knowing when stuff is racist

Posted By Robby Soave On 5:20 PM 01/31/2014

At a recent forum at the University of Michigan, MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry explained to her audience that white people will never understand why things are racist, because they lack an innate “racial trigger,” that instantly tells them when to be outraged.

Harris-Perry, on the other hand, has a very finely-tuned racial trigger.

“I know that this moment is racist because it trips my racial trigger, because it makes me feel nauseous,” she said, according to The Michigan Daily. “I’m not generally angry, but you just made me mad.” (RELATED: MSNBC’s top offensive moments, in the hosts’ own words)

While lamenting that her ‘white allies’ would never be fully able to understand the way black people feel, she nevertheless maintained that a faculty more committed to discussing racial issues would help improve white people’s understanding of racism.

“Part of the answer to how you begin those conversations is you bring more faculty in who are teaching these courses, who are well-resourced, who are not visitors, who are not adjuncts, but who are actual faculty,” she said.

Harris-Perry’s talk was intended to kickstart Black History Month, which begins on Feb. 1. She lectured for three hours about the history of the civil rights struggle and the problems facing black people today. The audience frequently cheered and applauded her remarks.

Racial issues at UM have increasingly been in the spotlight lately. A group of minority students, the Black Student Union, recently made seven demands of the university administration and then threatened “physical action” if they were not accommodated. The university caved almost immediately and offered to renovate the campus multicultural center to the tune of $300,000. (RELATED: UMich meets demands of black students who threatened ‘physical action’)

Meanwhile, libertarian students on campus can’t even convince the administration to grant them access to a small amount of money from the vast pool of mandatory student activities fees. (RELATED: College’s ‘neutral’ policy stiffs libertarian students, funds their opponents)
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

we need a better roll-the-eyes smiley here

Offline Rapunzel

find one with tampons hanging from the sides and we can use it every time there is another dumb Harris-Perry comment.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

find one with tampons hanging from the sides and we can use it every time there is another dumb Harris-Perry comment.

TMI

Offline Rapunzel

TMI

Hey, she is the one who did an entire broadcast wearing tampon earings.

Oceander

so why sink to her level?

Offline aligncare

Harris-Perry, on the other hand, has a very finely-tuned racial trigger.

Yeah, it's called projection. To a carpenter, everything looks like a nail; to race baiters, everything looks racist.

Offline Rapunzel

so why sink to her level?

It was a joke....... sheesh...... you really have lost your sense of humor.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It was a joke....... sheesh...... you really have lost your sense of humor.

It's because he already was 'designing' the graphic in his mind's eye....until he snapped out of it.

Must admit though....had to read that post twice to make sure that's what I saw.    :silly:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

It's because he already was 'designing' the graphic in his mind's eye....until he snapped out of it.

Must admit though....had to read that post twice to make sure that's what I saw.    :silly:

Offline aligncare

So, she really did it.

rangerrebew

When everything in the world is racist to you, it isn't hard to have a "sixth sense" about what stuff is racist.  However, her racist ESP seems to let her down when SHE is making racist comments.  She had better take her ESP software back to the manufacturer to have that "glitch" fixed. :tongue2:

Online mountaineer

So it's kind of like "gaydar."  Call it race-dar.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

When everything in the world is racist to you, it isn't hard to have a "sixth sense" about what stuff is racist.  However, her racist ESP seems to let her down when SHE is making racist comments.  She had better take her ESP software back to the manufacturer to have that "glitch" fixed. :tongue2:

She's not bitter, though. She's just consumed by a gnawing hate eating away her gut until she can taste the bile in her mouth. Well, I guess she is a little bitter.

Offline aligncare

It's not an innate "racial trigger" that informs her thinking. It's an unwavering certainty that all European-Americans are innately racist. Which makes her, a racist.

rangerrebew

She's not bitter, though. She's just consumed by a gnawing hate eating away her gut until she can taste the bile in her mouth. Well, I guess she is a little bitter.

Her brain is reacting to racism EXACTLY the same way a heroin addict reacts to the drug after the first high; neither can ever be satisfied again.  The bottom line is she will never the able to get the taste out of her mouth without long term counselling. :headbang:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Again, the ugly guy with the smirk and glasses at MSNBS, Rachel Maddow, is the one who actively recruits and encourages exactly this kind of behavior on the network.  This is deliberate because they are playing to who they perceive as the Democrat/Liberal/Prog "base".

Offline happyg

It's not an innate "racial trigger" that informs her thinking. It's an unwavering certainty that all European-Americans are innately racist. Which makes her, a racist.

Yep, and that is why they project.  Blacks like to say we don't understand them and never will. It is not our job to know why they hate us. Besides, there is no reason to hate us, unless it's because we give them nearly everything they ask for. How about they try to understand why we feel the way we do? Of course, they already think they do with their bogus sixth sense.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Radar-schmadar.  Those tampons were whispering sweet racist nothings in her ear.   000hehehehe

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Yep, and that is why they project.  Blacks like to say we don't understand them and never will. It is not our job to know why they hate us. Besides, there is no reason to hate us, unless it's because we give them nearly everything they ask for. How about they try to understand why we feel the way we do? Of course, they already think they do with their bogus sixth sense.

I just asked my son-in-law about that. He just looked at me, said "Load o' shit, mon. We're all people." and carried on eating.

Then again, he works hard, is happily married, loves his kids, both natural and step, arranges nights off work to attend school functions and conferences, looks out for his mother and his in-laws. Might not be the best guy to ask about "black issues."
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Oh, here's one!