Author Topic: Blue State Blues: How the Tea Party Beat Henry Waxman  (Read 586 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Blue State Blues: How the Tea Party Beat Henry Waxman
« on: January 31, 2014, 11:21:26 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Blue State Blues: How the Tea Party Beat Henry Waxman
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 11:21:53 PM »
ahem......... :seeya: :seeya: :seeya: :patriot:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 11:30:26 PM »
Rap, my take's completely different.

He just knows the system is about to crash and he doesn't want to be anywhere near the wreckage.

Maybe he believes that will give him cover for all the culpability.   

Oh....and this is more an opinion piece/commentary, isn't it?    :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 11:34:44 PM »
 The lefts greatest nightmare is here to stay. Why do you think they keep telling everyone the TP is dead..

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 12:06:15 AM »
The lefts greatest nightmare is here to stay. Why do you think they keep telling everyone the TP is dead..

It's their version of "Ding Dong.....the Witch is Dead"?  Don't know.

But I do know that one of the Rules for Radicals is to pick a target...even if it's a lie...and isolate and ridicule it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 12:08:10 AM »
It's their version of "Ding Dong.....the Witch is Dead"?  Don't know.

But I do know that one of the Rules for Radicals is to pick a target...even if it's a lie...and isolate and ridicule it.

Doesn't mean it works.  Read the article on Ted Cruz and his fundraising. He is the quintessential Tea Party Candidate and wears it proudly giving Sarah Palin credit for her efforts in helping get him elected.

A leader will rise, stand up and speak truth, and people will follow you.  The only real leaders the party has right now are part of the Tea Party Class of 2010 and 2012.

Online aligncare

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 12:30:56 AM »
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 07:36:58 AM by aligncare »
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 12:32:07 AM »
I can think of a couple dozen more I'd like to see follow him.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 12:43:50 AM »
Doesn't mean it works.  Read the article on Ted Cruz and his fundraising. He is the quintessential Tea Party Candidate and wears it proudly giving Sarah Palin credit for her efforts in helping get him elected.

A leader will rise, stand up and speak truth, and people will follow you.  The only real leaders the party has right now are part of the Tea Party Class of 2010 and 2012.

Ted Cruz is an aberration.  He's knowledgeable as well as engaging.

I've got no problem with the Tea Party per se....I was there on 9/12/09. 

But somebody has to have the balls to tell somebody that their outspokenness on matters of their personal POV are off limits in the campaign.

And that's hard to do at the grass roots. 

All it takes is one witch to screw things up.   :laugh:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 12:46:16 AM »
Ted Cruz is an aberration.  He's knowledgeable as well as engaging.

I've got no problem with the Tea Party per se....I was there on 9/12/09. 

But somebody has to have the balls to tell somebody that their outspokenness on matters of their personal POV are off limits in the campaign.

And that's hard to do at the grass roots. 

All it takes is one witch to screw things up.   :laugh:

Tell you what. Go watch the un-edited video of Ted Cruz on CBS Sunday with Bob Schieffer and then go watch the tape of John Boehner on Leno and tell me who can best enunciate what is wrong with this country and do it in a pleasant manner.  One thing both Ted Cruz and Rand Paul have in common - both are soft spoken and articulate - and unlike Christie they do it without coming across as bombastic bullies.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2014, 12:51:08 AM »
Tell you what. Go watch the un-edited video of Ted Cruz on CBS Sunday with Bob Schieffer and then go watch the tape of John Boehner on Leno and tell me who can best enunciate what is wrong with this country and do it in a pleasant manner.  One thing both Ted Cruz and Rand Paul have in common - both are soft spoken and articulate - and unlike Christie they do it without coming across as bombastic bullies.

I like Cruz very much. 

May God protect him and keep him safe.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2014, 12:54:56 AM »
I like Cruz very much. 

May God protect him and keep him safe.

Now his fundraising numbers are out the left is going to be gunning for him... right now I hope he just quietly keeps moving forward the way he's done so far. 2016 is a long way off - but  would bring the popcorn to watch him debate Hillary.

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 03:17:16 AM »
Big Ups to the Tea Party for ridding America of Nostrilitis.  Sadly he will be replaced with another scum sucking rat, and as unimaginable as it is, likely just as bad.
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Offline olde north church

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 07:28:46 AM »
conspicious by their absence are abortion and gay marriage in the rise of the tea party. 
"we can still glom onto that thar cash cow" reverend right wing was overheard speechifying
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf