Author Topic: Podesta: New allegations 'a killer' for Christie  (Read 542 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Podesta: New allegations 'a killer' for Christie
« on: February 01, 2014, 01:39:54 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/197169-podesta-new-allegations-a-killer-for-christie

January 31, 2014, 06:34 pm
Podesta: New allegations 'a killer' for Christie

By Justin Sink

White House counselor John Podesta said new allegations about Chris Christie's knowledge about lane closures on the George Washington Bridge are "a killer" for the New Jersey governor.

"I think it's a killer, really," Podesta said during an interview with Bloomberg TV. "I think he was so — in part because of what he initially said, that long press conference he gave, the absolute denial, and throwing his people under the bus the way he did, how hurt he was by them. If that was true, I don't think there's any coming back."

The attorney for David Wildstein, a former Christie appointee at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, wrote a letter obtained by multiple media outlets saying that "evidence exists" to prove the governor was aware of the lane closures.

“Mr. Wildstein contests the accuracy of various statements that the governor made about him and he can prove the inaccuracy of some,” the letter said.

In a statement Friday, Christie’s office said Wildstein's lawyer confirmed "what the governor has said all along — he had absolutely no prior knowledge of the lane closures before they happened and whatever Mr. Wildstein's motivations were for closing them to begin with."

Christie has seen his approval ratings crater after emails between Christie aides and Wildstein appeared to show the governor's office ordering the closure of the lanes as political retribution.

The White House has otherwise declined to comment on the controversy over the bridge closure, citing ongoing legal investigations into the situation.

"It sounds very much like a state matter to me," White House press secretary Jay Carney said earlier this month. "And to the extent that it isn't, as I understand there was a statement by the U.S. Attorney. That's something that you would have to ask the Department of Justice about."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Podesta: New allegations 'a killer' for Christie
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 01:59:38 am »
The WH and the media are doing a big favor, for true conservatives, since the latter dislike Christy so much.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 02:09:46 am »
The WH and the media are doing a big favor, for true conservatives, since the latter dislike Christy so much.

"Christy"??  I thought this was about Christie?

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 02:15:31 am »
What else would you expect from a Podesta??

Repeating what I posted in an earlier thread....George Will today opined on Special Report that if Christy goes down in flames there will be tremendous pressure on Jeb Bush to step in and run as the "establishment candidate".

I cannot think of anyone worse short of John McCain to go up against the Hildebeest.

Beware of allowing the media to pick your candidate.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 02:18:35 am »
What else would you expect from a Podesta??

Repeating what I posted in an earlier thread....George Will today opined on Special Report that if Christy goes down in flames there will be tremendous pressure on Jeb Bush to step in and run as the "establishment candidate".

I cannot think of anyone worse short of John McCain to go up against the Hildebeest.

Beware of allowing the media to pick your candidate.

Absolutely.  There are many things the GOP does not need, and high on that list is another Bush candidacy.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 02:19:25 am »
"Christy"??  I thought this was about Christie?
Yes, him too.

Oh yeah, the dems took out the one polls indicated was the GOP's strongest candidate.

Joy all around; democrats and true conservatives.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 02:24:01 am »
Absolutely.  There are many things the GOP does not need, and high on that list is another Bush candidacy.

So who is behind Jeb??  The last I heard he slit both of his wrists the long way when he belled the Hildebeest with that medal.  He could have saved himself the trouble then and just said he didn't want the nomination.

I think we should start rumors that Jeb is on the short list to be the Hildebeest's Veep.....that's a lot more believable in my book.....

:beer:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 02:26:06 am by Chieftain »