Author Topic: Christie Knew About Lane Closings, Ex-Port Authority Official Says  (Read 767 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/01/nyregion/christie-bridge.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

Christie Knew About Lane Closings, Ex-Port Authority Official Says

By KATE ZERNIKEJAN. 31, 2014

The former Port Authority official who personally oversaw the lane closings on the George Washington Bridge in the scandal now swirling around Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey said on Friday that the governor knew about the lane closings when they were happening, and that he had the evidence to prove it.

In a letter released by his lawyer, the official, David Wildstein, a high school friend of Mr. Christie’s who was appointed with the governor’s blessing at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which controls the bridge, described the order to close the lanes as “the Christie administration’s order” and said “evidence exists as well tying Mr. Christie to having knowledge of the lane closures, during the period when the lanes were closed, contrary to what the governor stated publicly in a two-hour press conference” three weeks ago.

“Mr. Wildstein contests the accuracy of various statements that the governor made about him and he can prove the inaccuracy of some,” the letter added.

The letter marked the first signal that Mr. Christie may have been aware of the closings, something he repeatedly denied during thenews conference.

In early January, documents revealed that a deputy chief of staff to Mr. Christie, Bridget Anne Kelly, had sent an email to Mr. Wildstein saying, “Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee,” the town at the New Jersey end of the bridge, where Mr. Christie’s aides had pursued but failed to receive an endorsement from the mayor.

Mr. Christie has steadfastly denied that he knew before this month that anyone in his administration was responsible for the lane closings, and his administration has tried to portray it as the actions of a rogue staff member.

The governor fired Ms. Kelly. Mr. Wildstein, the director
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

Re: Christie Knew About Lane Closings, Ex-Port Authority Official Says
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 09:51:30 pm »
What possible difference can it make now? :whistle:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 09:52:19 pm »
I'm not surprised.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline olde north church

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 10:30:13 pm »
I'm not surprised.

Yeah, all the sudden the Time's got cred. 
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 11:03:57 pm »
Drip .... drip .... drip.....   :whistle:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 11:04:53 pm »
Yeah, all the sudden the Time's got cred.

No...... but it is in writing -

In a letter released by his lawyer, the official, David Wildstein, a high school friend of Mr. Christie’s who was appointed with the governor’s blessing at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which controls the bridge, described the order to close the lanes as “the Christie administration’s order” and said “evidence exists as well tying Mr. Christie to having knowledge of the lane closures, during the period when the lanes were closed, contrary to what the governor stated publicly in a two-hour press conference” three weeks ago.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 11:13:43 pm »
It's a lawyer trying to get ahead of story and protect a client.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 11:19:34 pm »
It's a lawyer trying to get ahead of story and protect a client.

Right, a client who was Christies long time friend. Isn't he the one who said he would only talk with immunity?

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 11:31:54 pm »
Right, a client who was Christies long time friend. Isn't he the one who said he would only talk with immunity?

Yeah, who wouldn't talk with immunity?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 11:37:28 pm »
Immunity doesn't apply if you lie.

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 11:40:18 pm »
Immunity doesn't apply if you lie.

The truth can be a funny thing where the law is concerned.

You don't like Christie.  It's not a secret here and it's not something I don't disagree.  I will wait until the full story comes out.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 11:45:22 pm »
The truth can be a funny thing where the law is concerned.

You don't like Christie.  It's not a secret here and it's not something I don't disagree.  I will wait until the full story comes out.

No, I don't like him. I also never believed people who were as close to him as the people we all know were involved in this did it without him giving a green light.  One thing I do know about Christie - he is as thin skinned as O.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 11:48:14 pm »
George Will is on Special Report, and he just warned that if Christie goes down in flames over this, there will be enormous pressure on Jeb Bush to come into the race as the "establishment candidate".

The only thing worse than Jeb would be McCain announcing another run....

we gotta do better than this....

:smokin:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 11:49:40 pm »
George Will is on Special Report, and he just warned that if Christie goes down in flames over this, there will be enormous pressure on Jeb Bush to come into the race as the "establishment candidate".

You heard Romney last week. What did he do but name all the old has-been and establishment types.   Fox supports the same establishment candidates.

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 11:52:18 pm »

and the timing