Author Topic: Obama’s power play  (Read 813 times)

Offline xfreeper

Obama’s power play
« on: January 31, 2014, 08:16:44 pm »
Obama’s power play
By: Stephanie Simon
January 31, 2014 05:05 AM EST

Part of a POLITICO Pro Special Report series on the Obama administration’s executive action and regulatory agenda.

In an FDA office building in suburban Maryland, the bureaucrats gather over coffee to draft rules meant to squeeze the trans fat out of snack foods.

Four blocks from the White House, in an EPA conference room: more bureaucrats, more meetings, more drafting of rules, these aimed at forcing industrialists to spend billions cutting carbon to fend off global warming.

Congress? Who needs Congress?

Americans heard President Barack Obama declare this week that he intends to bypass the gridlocked Hill to get things done on his own. What they didn’t hear: just how far he’s actually pushing his executive authority.

More at LINK:   http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=628212B8-5D37-453F-AB5C-2BCA2A2EE131

Offline xfreeper

Re: Obama’s power play
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 08:18:25 pm »
A congress that allows activist bureaucrats to circumvent them is as useless and dangerous as this president

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 08:20:40 pm »
A congress that allows activist bureaucrats to circumvent them is as useless and dangerous as this president

Yep...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 08:33:22 pm »

Agreed, and I would put special emphasis on Senate Democrats who consistently back Harry Reid as Majority Leader, and who enable him to run interference for Obama.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 01:56:52 am »
Agreed, and I would put special emphasis on Senate Democrats who consistently back Harry Reid as Majority Leader, and who enable him to run interference for Obama.

I think I probably have more distain for the house GOP. They have a majority and have failed to exercise it