Author Topic: The Unprecedented, Powerful Coalition Three Major Conservative Personalities Are Building Likely Has the Establishment Terrified  (Read 2092 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/30/the-powerful-coalition-three-major-conservative-personalities-are-building-likely-has-the-establishment-terrified/

The Unprecedented, Powerful Coalition Three Major Conservative Personalities Are Building Likely Has the Establishment Terrified
Jan. 30, 2014 3:23pm Jason Howerton

Two heads are better than one, as the old saying goes. That surely means that three heads are even better.

If there’s any truth to that saying, the establishment in Washington and progressives everywhere are likely none too pleased to hear that conservative personalities Glenn Beck, Mark Levin and Sean Hannity are on the same page and joining forces to help the country get back on what they feel is the right path.

After previously allowing themselves to be caught up in a “stupid” competitive feud in talk radio, Beck revealed on his radio show Thursday that he has spoken with Levin and Hannity and they are all ready to start to “move together.”

continued at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Should be very entertaining, and entertainment is much sought after by conservatives.

It would be nice too, if there were more compelling candidates, and more impressive campaigns waged.

For the big bucks these entertainment figures will reap from their audience followers, one might hope for some winning advice.

Like for the Tea Party to be more careful about their candidates.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

Should be very entertaining, and entertainment is much sought after by conservatives.

It would be nice too, if there were more compelling candidates, and more impressive campaigns waged.

For the big bucks these entertainment figures will reap from their audience followers, one might hope for some winning advice.

Like for the Tea Party to be more careful about their candidates.

Sorry, ts, but your last statement reveals a level of ignorance about what the Tea Party is.

It is not a single entity which selects candidates, but a group of individuals who share the same goal of smaller, more responsible government.

It is not a political party, as your last statement implies.

I hope that was just an oversight on your part and not a complete lack of understanding............
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Sorry, ts, but your last statement reveals a level of ignorance about what the Tea Party is.

It is not a single entity which selects candidates, but a group of individuals who share the same goal of smaller, more responsible government.

I hope that was just an oversight on your part and not a complete lack of understanding............

Ditto...

And for the record, I would like to point out that all three of these guys are TV and Radio personalities who have never been elected so much as dog catcher.

:smokin:

Offline aligncare

I detect some cynicism there, truth.

I think Levin, Hannity and Beck are sincere, true believers. Nothing phony about them.

But, because there's big money in their arena it's easy for some to attribute ulterior motives. As a capitalist I believe that the pursuit of money and belief in your cause are not mutually exclusive.

If they can unite independents, conservatives, disaffected democrats and republicans, libertarians against an all powerful, liberty stealing, ever growing DC leviathan, then they deserve as many riches as they can garner.

Offline Rapunzel

I am just happy they have all three become friends instead of enemies. The person who instigated their coming together was Beck who wrote to both of them to mend fences. Beck also loaned his offices in New York to Hannity while the new offices are being built for Hannity - they have become good friends through all this and I think it is good for the country.  Like Beck said on the air this week - each of them have their own strengths, they are not really in "competition" with each other so it only made sense they combine their strengths.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 08:38:51 pm by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline truth_seeker

I know there is a Tea Party Caucus in the US House of Representatives. (Not Tea Parties Caucuses)

Had their chosen candidates stuck with small government, they would not have lost approval and become the potential liability they now are.

Offline Rapunzel

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

I know there is a Tea Party Caucus in the US House of Representatives. (Not Tea Parties Caucuses)

Had their chosen candidates stuck with small government, they would not have lost approval and become the potential liability they now are.

A "Caucus" is still not the same thing as a political party.

Sometimes people who want small government are also pro-life, or something else 'extreme.'  Would your goal be to have everyone who runs as a Tea Party candidate be monolithic, and in complete agreement with your positions?

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline katzenjammer

I am just happy they have all three become friends instead of enemies. The person who instigated their coming together was Beck who wrote to both of them to mend fences. Beck also loaned his offices in New York to Hannity while the new offices are being built for Hannity - they have become good friends through all this and I think it is good for the country.  Like Beck said on the air this week - each of them have their own strengths, they are not really in "competition" with each other so it only made sense they combine their strengths.

One evening in either late December or early January I heard Beck on Levin's show for an extended interview.  Hearing that Beck was fully supportive of Levin's Article V effort was very good news!!

Offline truth_seeker

A "Caucus" is still not the same thing as a political party.

Sometimes people who want small government are also pro-life, or something else 'extreme.'  Would your goal be to have everyone who runs as a Tea Party candidate be monolithic, and in complete agreement with your positions?
I think the "Tea Party" has lost the original value it had. It is like a "one hit wonder."

Too damaged now. More a liability, than an asset. A fad who's time is over.

Better to start something new, not already damaged. Why? Because the democrats are fully primed to use the TP negatives to maximum impact.

Offline Rapunzel

One evening in either late December or early January I heard Beck on Levin's show for an extended interview. Hearing that Beck was fully supportive of Levin's Article V effort was very good news!!

Same here....

Offline musiclady

I think the "Tea Party" has lost the original value it had. It is like a "one hit wonder."

Too damaged now. More a liability, than an asset. A fad who's time is over.

Better to start something new, not already damaged. Why? Because the democrats are fully primed to use the TP negatives to maximum impact.

I respect your right to have that opinion.

However, I completely disagree.

There is nothing remotely faddish in supporting freedom and the principles on which America was founded.

And to back off principles just because the Democrats will attack you is, IMO, cowardly, and exactly what has been wrong with the Republican party for years.

The principles hold up, truth seeker, if we hold on to them.

Offline truth_seeker

I respect your right to have that opinion.

However, I completely disagree.

There is nothing remotely faddish in supporting freedom and the principles on which America was founded.

And to back off principles just because the Democrats will attack you is, IMO, cowardly, and exactly what has been wrong with the Republican party for years.

The principles hold up, truth seeker, if we hold on to them.
The principles are only held true, by people. The people carry the message. The message can be wonderful, but the message is often, usually judged by the messengers.

The TP must have better discipline and judgment about the people they support, lest all be lost by flawed candidates.

Offline musiclady

The principles are only held true, by people. The people carry the message. The message can be wonderful, but the message is often, usually judged by the messengers.

The TP must have better discipline and judgment about the people they support, lest all be lost by flawed candidates.

So they all have to be without flaw, then?  Any flawed candidates negate the good of the entire group?

Do you have such impossible standards for anything else in life, or only the Tea Party?

Offline Rapunzel

The "Tea Party" elected more candidates than the establishment in the last two elections and my own TP-elected candidate Gosar is doing an excellent job.    Interesting you never have anything negative to say about all the GOPe candidates.

Offline happyg

Before, you were accusing the TPers of demanding perfect candidates. Now, you are saying we opt for flawed candidates? No one expects perfection, as long as candidates are honest, fiscally inclined, and for smaller government. Most of all, I want a candidate who will actually fight for we, the people.

Offline Rapunzel

Tea Party [types] pose a genuine and rapidly growing threat to the "status quo" of the Democrats and Democrats-lite (AKA GOPe)..... they have to be crushed.

Offline LambChop

I hope you would concede though that it can be confusing.

They are not a party, yet some candidates call themselves a Tea Party Candidate.
They are not a party, yet the other night they had a chosen politician give the Tea Party rebuttal to SOTU.  As they have in the last few years.

They're not a party, yet they seem to act as one in it's infant stages.  Nothing wrong with it.  When the party you have doesn't fit anymore, sometimes the need to make their own comes in.

Maybe it's time they stop denying being a party and just go for it. 

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

I think Levin, Hannity and Beck are sincere, true believers. Nothing phony about them.

But, because there's big money in their arena it's easy for some to attribute ulterior motives. As a capitalist I believe that the pursuit of money and belief in your cause are not mutually exclusive.

If they can unite independents, conservatives, disaffected democrats and republicans, libertarians against an all powerful, liberty stealing, ever growing DC leviathan, then they deserve as many riches as they can garner.

Finangle's Fifth Maxim states: "Every Ying has its Yang". Hannity, Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly are simply on the opposite side of the Political Commentary Bell Curve from Rachel Maddow, Al Sharpton and Chris Matthews who purport to be speaking for Progressives.

None of them have ever stood for public election, so they really don't represent anyone's view but their own.

And please don't get me started on Glenn Beck again....or the other two for that matter...,.,.

:smokin:

Offline musiclady

I hope you would concede though that it can be confusing.

They are not a party, yet some candidates call themselves a Tea Party Candidate.
They are not a party, yet the other night they had a chosen politician give the Tea Party rebuttal to SOTU.  As they have in the last few years.

They're not a party, yet they seem to act as one in it's infant stages.  Nothing wrong with it.  When the party you have doesn't fit anymore, sometimes the need to make their own comes in.

Maybe it's time they stop denying being a party and just go for it.

Perhaps.

And yet, there is no platform or national leader/s such as exists in the established parties, and I don't know that it's even a good idea to do that since there are so many different kinds of people who share the same goals of getting some sanity back into the governance of this once great Republic.

But as for those who call themselves the "Tea Party Candidate"......we know that some are charlatans financed by the left to throw elections to the Democrat.

For the most part the Tea Party is just a localized grassroots movement that selects, locally or statewide, candidates who uphold the principles of small government and fiscal sanity.

And the fact that the left and the Republican elitists hate them so much is, IMO, evidence that they are being successful.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -- George Bernard Shaw

:beer:

Offline Rapunzel

And the fact that the left and the Republican elitists hate them so much is, IMO, evidence that they are being successful.

Turns out more so than some on this thread seem to believe - read the last sentence in this article (Myst just posted)

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,128346.0.html

Offline truth_seeker

Before, you were accusing the TPers of demanding perfect candidates.

You must be confusing me with somebody else, because I've never said that or anything similar to that.

Offline happyg

You must be confusing me with somebody else, because I've never said that or anything similar to that.

I apologize. It was someone else.