Author Topic: GOP Chairman pledges to oppose any path to citizenship for illegal immigrants  (Read 521 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/31/gop-chairman-pledges-to-oppose-any-path-to-citizenship-for-illegal-immigrants-video/?print=1

GOP Chairman pledges to oppose any path to citizenship for illegal immigrants

Posted By Heather Smith On 1:44 AM 01/31/2014

GOP Chairman Reince Priebus told a Baltimore-based radio program, The Derek Hunter Show on WBAL, on Thursday that he would oppose any immigration reform legislation that includes a pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens unlawfully residing in the country.

“I do not support a pathway to citizenship. I support border security, enforcement and legal immigration reform,” Priebus said. ”Just because someone says ‘something big’ has to happen on immigration reform, doesn’t mean that they’re calling for amnesty. Any programs of amnesty I’m opposed to.”

This appears to contradict a statement of principles the House Republican Leadership released from their annual retreat in Cambridge, Maryland on Thursday.

Their statement calls for “an opportunity for legal residence and citizenship for those who were brought to this country as children through no fault of their own.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34