Author Topic: In majority of states, welfare pays more than minimum wage  (Read 445 times)

rangerrebew

In majority of states, welfare pays more than minimum wage
« on: February 02, 2014, 09:48:44 pm »
In majority of states, welfare pays more than minimum wage

Written By : Ashley Herzog
February 2, 2014

…In some cases, 2 to 3 times more. That’s right: in 35 states, you can make more money sitting at home collecting welfare than working a minimum-wage job.

According to Mr. Conservative,

The study goes to prove that Obama’s handouts are generating a society that—out of common sense—would rather sit at home and wait for their check than actually go and work for less.

This all comes at the times where U.S. citizens and politicians are continually arguing in effort to raise the minimum wage.  Claiming that they don’t get paid enough for the work they do let alone live, several workers have taken to going on strike.

Of course, they’re claiming they would need $15 an hour to flip burgers, but you can understand their frustration.  When you don’t get paid enough to live off of and would, in fact get paid more to stay home since Obama has done away with Welfare reform, who wouldn’t be frustrated?

Indeed–who would bother putting in the hours at a tedious and/or physically exhausting low-wage job when it pays less than doing nothing?

http://www.rightwingnews.com/uncategorized/in-majority-of-states-welfare-pays-more-than-minimum-wage/

« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 09:50:20 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Rapunzel

Re: In majority of states, welfare pays more than minimum wage
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 10:14:29 pm »
Much more than min wage - my neighbor owns a flooring business in MN and cannot hire people at $15 an hour - they laugh and say they can make more on welfare - and those who do want to work hard travel over to ND and make $150 - $250K a year.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 05:56:26 am »
The solution is akin to the Gordian Knot. Cut the benefits.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 11:44:44 am »
Much more than min wage - my neighbor owns a flooring business in MN and cannot hire people at $15 an hour - they laugh and say they can make more on welfare - and those who do want to work hard travel over to ND and make $150 - $250K a year.

But, do they feel "good" about themselves?  Aren't they upset the are creating such "income inequality?"  As for myself, I would feel R - E - A - L  good about myself and would tell those "income inequality" crapheads to take their inequality and buy coffee or shove it where the sun doesn't shine. :amen:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 11:46:09 am by rangerrebew »