Author Topic: Pelosi: 'My work is not finished'  (Read 488 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi: 'My work is not finished'
« on: January 30, 2014, 09:44:22 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/197012-pelosi-my-work-is-not-finished

January 30, 2014, 03:36 pm
Pelosi: 'My work is not finished'

By Mike Lillis

Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is running for another term in Congress.

The Democratic leader's future, a perennial topic of discussion in Washington, came into question once again Thursday with news that Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.), one of her closest confidants, will retire at the end of the year.

Those close to Pelosi insist she wouldn't follow suit, citing her rampant pace on the fundraising trail that's led to a record haul for the Democrats this Congress.

The announcement of Waxman's exit came just weeks after Rep. George Miller (D-Calif.), another close ally to the House minority leader, announced his retirement plans.

With some of her top lieutenants on their way out, it's fueled speculation the former Speaker is also headed for the exits. But that's a notion Pelosi is trying to nip in the bud.

"I'm running. I've already started the paperwork process," she said Thursday in an email. "My work is not finished."

Pelosi is famously private about her future plans, ever insisting that she's focused on the current year's business — both the politics and the policy — but not beyond.

She defied the prognosticators who thought she would step out of leadership after the disastrous 2010 elections, which saw the Democrats lose 63 seats and control of the Speaker's gavel. And Pelosi disregarded the skeptics once more in 2012, when the Democrats picked up eight seats but not enough to retake the lower chamber.

By announcing her intention to seek reelection this year, Pelosi has not precluded the possibility of resigning after the midterms. Still, a number of Democratic sources on and off Capitol Hill are guessing a potential presidential run by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would keep Pelosi around at least through 2016.

"The first woman Speaker of the House would want to help the first woman president of the United States," said one Democratic aide. "I don't see anything that shows she's heading for the exits."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Pelosi: 'My work is not finished'
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 10:05:02 pm »
Wish I could remember the details, there was an interesting interview with someone who is in the know in SF discussing the iron grip Pelosi holds over who gets elected in northern California - no one gets anything without her approval coming first.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 10:18:02 pm »

:beer:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 04:27:42 am »
Her "work" ain't gonna be finished until the guys arrive with the stretcher....

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 04:49:17 am »
Good Lord!!      :thud:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald