Author Topic: Stockman sues Cornyn super PAC for false statements  (Read 400 times)

Offline flowers

Stockman sues Cornyn super PAC for false statements
« on: February 04, 2014, 10:21:52 pm »
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/west_university/opinion/stockman-sues-cornyn-super-pac-for-false-statements/article_864b1c24-f1ed-5240-90db-503c7880b959.html

Congressman Steve Stockman (R-TX) today filed a libel lawsuit challenging numerous false statements made by a John Cornyn super PAC operating under the name “Texans for a Conservative Majority.”

The Cornyn PAC claims Stockman had been “jailed more than once,” was “charged with a felony” and “violated federal ethics laws,” all of which are false statements.

The website even falsifies Stockman’s voting record, falsely telling voters Stockman voted against a food stamp reform bill (2013 House Roll Call Vote 476) when Stockman, in fact, voted for it. The group continues to promote that statement online, even though they have been provided with the official Congressional Record showing it to be false.

The group is run by former Cornyn staffer Randy Cubriel and funded by a $2 million check from the late Robert Perry, a $185,000 donor to Cornyn and advocate for illegal alien amnesty. In TV station records for its ad buys, the group lists Karl Rove’s Warrenton, Virginia address.

Stockman released the following statement.

“Today I have filed suit for libel in Houston’s 344th District Court against the attack group that misleadingly calls itself ’Texans for a Conservative Majority.

“The operators of this big money PAC, who are supporters of John Cornyn, set it up for the sole purpose of a smear campaign all too familiar to American voters. Then, they hide behind the PAC they set up.

“This time, these Cornyn supporters have gone too far. And I’m sure that John Cornyn would agree.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Stockman sues Cornyn super PAC for false statements
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 10:15:33 am »
Gosh! I hope the court looks into this before Stockman gets creamed in the primary 4 weeks from now.

I have no access to internal polls, so I look at which candidate is whining the most the gauge who is losing.